• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Minimalistic Text - Changing Fonts BACK to Default??

scudder

Android Expert
May 21, 2010
State of Confusion (FL too)
Hello...I'm asking this question PREEMPTIVELY before I starting fooling around with the fonts selections in the Minimalist Text App.

I have learned how to change the fonts that can be used in the app: create a folder on the SD card named "fonts," put in any true type fonts (.ttf) files (no sub folders) into the "fonts" folder, choose the "fonts" folder in the GLOBAL font folder settings for the app.

Before I go ahead and change the font folder settings GLOBALLY, I was wondering how to change the font folder choice back to default?? I don't know quite what will happen when I change the global settings to the font folder "fonts" that I have created and was wondering what to do to revert back to the default settings??

By default, the "font family" choices for a particular widget are "default, monospace, sans-serif and serif" If I choose a different folder in the "global" settings, do those 4 default choice disappear?? Or are they always there IN ADDITION to the .ttf fonts I choose to add in the custom folder??

THANKS!!

Hello...I'm asking this question PREEMPTIVELY before I starting fooling around with the fonts selections in the Minimalist Text App.

I have learned how to change the fonts that can be used in the app: create a folder on the SD card named "fonts," put in any true type fonts (.ttf) files (no sub folders) into the "fonts" folder, choose the "fonts" folder in the GLOBAL font folder settings for the app.

Before I go ahead and change the font folder settings GLOBALLY, I was wondering how to change the font folder choice back to default?? I don't know quite what will happen when I change the global settings to the font folder "fonts" that I have created and was wondering what to do to revert back to the default settings??

By default, the "font family" choices for a particular widget are "default, monospace, sans-serif and serif" If I choose a different folder in the "global" settings, do those 4 default choice disappear?? Or are they always there IN ADDITION to the .ttf fonts I choose to add in the custom folder??

THANKS!!

Hey Scott...it's Scott, that's a great question...mind if I answer it for you??:D:D;)

I did a nand backup just in case and went ahead and chose the font folder through the "Global" settings to see what would happen with the 4 original font default settings. The .ttf that are placed in the "fonts" folder that I created are added to the original four fonts available before one does any font customization.

So, I presume, that if you choose to remove the .ttf fonts you have installed you would be left with the 4 default font choices within the app.

You're free to add and remove fonts at will, Scott. Hope this helps...

Love always,

Scott:D;)

(PS...I'm losin' it!!! :eek::eek::eek:)

Upvote 0
Was wondering why go though all this trouble when you can use font installer app to change android font easily.
The good thing about the app is you can choose from a list of 200+ fonts and it will download and install it for you. Reboot and you are all done.

Hiya...

Isn't much trouble...just probably seems like trouble with all I wrote in my question! :eek: :D

I am familiar with that font installer app but I believe that is to change the overall system font which I do not want to do. I'm merely looking to install a couple fonts within the Minimalistic Text app to use within that program only when making a couple widgets.

FYI regarding system font changes...the latest version of my MikG ROM (3.11) had the ability to change the system font built in. I have changed from the stock "Droid Sans" to "Decker." I also have used in the past the following thread with over 300 flashable zip files allowing you to change your system font as well:

300 Flashable Font Packs

So unless my understanding of that font install app is wrong, that is not what I'm trying to do...just looking for a few more fonts to create text widgets in the Minimalistic Text app....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones