• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missed call/SMS reminder app for ICS

Hi folks; first-ever post here. I got my Lucid back in April, and for the first six months, I was in heaven. Then came the lousy Ice Cream Sandwich update. While there are some features of ICS I have come to appreciate, there is one thing driving me absolutely crazy: the Missed Call Reminder app I downloaded, which was working perfectly with the Gingerbread OS, doing everything I needed it to do, no longer functions. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and it works ONE TIME, then never again. What's even more perplexing is that EVERY OTHER missed call/sms app I've tried to install behaves the same way - works the first time I test it, then stops completely (even though all of the phone and app settings I can check suggest it should be working).

I was tempted to try and return my phone to its former GB status, but after reading several posts about it on this forum, I'm terrified of screwing up my phone. So my question for you fine Lucid owners is this: have any of you had success with a missed call/sms notification app since the ICS update? Or do you know if there's a setting I need to change on the phone so it stops killing these apps in their infancy? Thanks for any help/advice you can provide.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones