• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing installed apps play store

homlice

Lurker
Apr 16, 2023
I used Aurora store for a while and I installed a lot of apps. Now I reactivated the play store and I can't see all the apps that I have. I can do a sort of "scan" of installed app? Or I can solve this problem in someway? Or my apps are stuck in aurora store? Thank you

You can search the play store for individual apps (though given Google's prominence as a search engine you might be surprised how poor the play store search feature is). But that's about it.

There is no reason an app in one store has to be in another, and some apps in one store may be banned in another (e.g. as Google are primarily an advertising company they ban most ad blockers). I've never heard of the aurora store, but it's very likely that there are apps in it that aren't in the play store.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
I used Aurora store for a while and I installed a lot of apps. Now I reactivated the play store and I can't see all the apps that I have. I can do a sort of "scan" of installed app? Or I can solve this problem in someway? Or my apps are stuck in aurora store? Thank you

"Aurora store" that's something I've never heard of. And when I googled it nothing meaningful came up. Is it some third-party app store that you sideload apps from outside of Google Play?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Yes this is it auroraoss.com

Thank you.

Did you get past the phone number verification stage on this app? Because when ran it, it was demanding my Google Account details, along with my phone number. Well there's absolutely no way I'm going to do that. I'm thinking It could be a scam.

Third-party app stores, that are outside of Google Play, they should just run and can search and install any apps you like, and NOT requre personal data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet and Hadron
Upvote 0
Did you get past the phone number verification stage on this app? Because when ran it, it was demanding my Google Account details, along with my phone number. Well there's absolutely no way I'm going to do that. I'm thinking It could be a scam.
Absolutely not, you should login in anonymous mode without any info.
Well I don't think it is a scam the source code is available Files · master · Aurora OSS / AuroraStore · GitLab

Upvote 0
I don't know about asking for ID information as I've not tried it, but it seems to be known in the community, as in this 2021 XDA article.

But I don't know how it works if you install an app downloaded via some anonymous account it created and then want to update from the Play Store. An app doesn't have to be originally installed from one app store for another to update it, but I don't know whether this way of doing things changes that.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones