Missing Unknown Sources in ICSSupport

1. leesee

leesee Member

I bought a Rezound online that came with ICS 3.11, however, it does not have the unknown sources box under Security to allow me to install 3rd party apps. I've never had a phone where this was missing.

I'm wondering if I would get the new OTA since it's not rooted and if that would solve the problem or if I have to root to get that to appear?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Maybe the "Gingerbread place"? :)
    I think, it was Settings, PC connection ...

Harry
  3. leesee

leesee Member

Nope, not there either.
  4. Cares

Cares Well-Known Member

Are you 100% certain?

System settings -> Security -> Device administration -> Unknown sources
  5. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

Try installing an apk and see if you get a prompt that will take you to the setting.
  6. leesee

leesee Member

Yes, I'm 100% certain. I go to Settings, Security and there is no Device Administration.

I have:
    Screen Security-screen lock- lock phone after - make pattern visible- vibrate on touch
    Passwords -make passwords visible
    Credential storage - trusted credentials- install from phone storage-clear credentials
    SIM Card lock - setup SIM lock
  7. leesee

leesee Member

I tried installing Swype. I have the apk but it takes me to Security where there is no options for unknown sources.
  8. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a hard reset?
  9. leesee

leesee Member

No, I haven't. I didn't want to have to reinstall everything since that's my only issue with the phone.
  10. Corki2

Corki2 Well-Known Member

A bad flash maybe. Sorry.
  11. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Is that the leak?^

Oh by the way. I have the OTA and I can't seem to find it either :confused:
  12. leesee

leesee Member

I don't think so. Got it on eBay and the guy said it was an official build they were testing. His friend supposedly worked for Verizon and it was a test phone.
  13. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Sooooo.....this is curious? Anyone else on the OTA able to sideload apps? I think I'll keep .10 for now, seems like this would have popped up sooner though, its in settings>security on mine.
  14. leesee

leesee Member

So, I gave in, backed everything up and did a factory reset. I am still missing the unknown sources option.

In addition, I still didn't get the newest ICS update. Still only have ICS 3.11 that came with the phone.

Any ideas?
  15. NightAngel79

Unless I am missing something there IS only 1 ICS for the rezound???? What do you mean by newest ICS???????
  16. leesee

leesee Member

From what I read online the released version was 3.14, mine is v 3.11. Plus I'm still missing unknown sources. At this point, i don't even care about the version but I do want unknown sources to install non google apps.

Do you know if I root if that would give me the unknown sources option?
  17. NightAngel79

yea, mine is 3.14 (ends in .12)

did you install a RUU to get ics??

You need the RUU for .12
  18. leesee

leesee Member

No, I didn't install anything for ICS, that's the way the phone came to me. When I did a factory reset, nothing changed with the version. Just want to be able to install some 3rd party apps at this point.
  19. NightAngel79

You need the RUU....

Can someone link to it? I'm on the run
  20. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

21. leesee

leesee Member