• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MMS getting resized against will

IXIKRONIK

Lurker
Apr 26, 2016
Thank you for taking the time out to read my thread. I always try to research issues, but it seems that no one has the same issues as me, which I think is strange. Firstly, I text on the default "Messages" app. This may be the problem, but I still think that there is a setting somewhere that I cannot find.

Okay, so when I try to send someone a picture or video over text, it will resize it to terrible quality. I understand that this is helpful to save on data, but it will still do this even on Wifi. The pictures that it send look pretty bad, and is sad because the phone can take pretty good pictures. The videos are horrible, and are usually unable to be made out to what they are.

I haven't really messed around with any other messaging apps. Would that solve this issue? Is there anyone that can recommend a good app for MMS? Or is this an android setting that affects all apps? I am unable to find any related settings on the phone or messaging app.

Thank you so much for your time!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones