• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have an unlocked Telus Milestone and I don't seem to be able to receive MMS. What the hell? My SIM card is relatively new. I got a 3GS in June '09 on launch weekend, but sold it and went back to my N82 and back to the $15 medianet plan...

Question 1: Could this be because I'm on the $15 plan still? Odd because my Nokia N82 got MMS back in the day. But perhaps this could be the new crackdown.

My APN settings look like this:
Code:
Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Server <Not set>
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Autentication type: <Not Set>
APN type: default,mms
So before this, on my APN page there were 3 options:

1) AT&T (uses isp.cingular)
2) AT&T Prepaid (uses wap.cingular)

Of these 2 I could select them, so I selected #2. Internet works FINE.

3) AT&T MMS - this was just a mms data type. No selection, the MMS proxy was 66.209.11.32 instead of wireless.cingular.com

I deleted #3 because it seemed to be an addendum to #2, but either way with it present or not, I was NOT getting MMS.

Question 3: Does anyone have their Milestone on AT&T and can confirm they can receive AND send MMSes? If so, please post your settings, and let me know if you are using the $30 plan or not?

Create a custom APN:

Menu button > Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu Button > New APN

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: leave blank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones