• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile data not working

Chris842

Lurker
Jan 28, 2015
Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post, but won't be my last, I do plan on sticking around.

I have a problem though which I wonder if anyone can help with. I am in the UK. I just bought a phone which was like new from ebay, an Xperia Z3. I bought it from the UK, not from Hong Kong. I know some of those can be dodgy.

The seller originally bought the phone from 3, who sell all their phones unlocked. I've put my EE (T mobile) sim into it which is a 3G sim. I do et a signal for making calls and sending texts. I can also connect to a wifi network and use the internet that way. However, when I'm out and I try to access a web page, I get the chrome screen with a dinosaur that reads:

You are offline.

Wi-fi and mobile data are turned off.

The page can be loaded once you connect to a network.

I have gone into settings and mobile data traffic is enabled. Does anyone know what the problem might be or how to fix it? Could it be because its a 3G sim inside a 4G phone?

I appreciate any help, and thanks.

Chris

Welcome to AF! :)

Sounds like an issue with your APN Settings. Head to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> More -> Internet Settings. Once you press internet settings, wait a few seconds and you should be prompted to select the network you want to download settings for. Select EE and you should be good to go.

If that fails, head to Setttings -> Wireless & Networks -> More -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names and enter EE's APN settings. Are you contract or pay as you go? I'll dig out the correct settings for you.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Thank you :)

I'm on contract.

I started the contract when they were T Mobile, as you'll know they are now EE. So when I clicked on Internet Settings and got choose a network, both EE and T Mobile were options. I went for EE as you said.
Anyway, it couldn't download them but I'm going to try again at home later. I've always had problems here at work, even with my own phone, bad signal area.

Upvote 0
Try these:

Name = MMS
APN = everywhere (case sensitive)
Proxy = Leave Blank
Port = Leave Blank
Username = eesecure
Password = secure
Server = Leave blank
MMSC = Leave blank
MMS proxy = 149.254.201.135
MMS port = 8080
MCC = 234
MNC = 33
Authentication type = PAP
APN type = mms
APN protocol = IPv4
Bearer = Unspecified

Name Internet
APN everywhere
Proxy Leave Blank
Port Leave Blank
Username Leave Blank
Password Leave Blank
Server Leave Blank
MMSC http://mms/
MMS Proxy 149.254.201.135
MMS Port 8080
MCC 234
MNC 30
Authentication Type PAP

Let me know if they work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones