• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tmobile simcard from redpocket compatible phones

Justin Raney

Mar 8, 2021
Phone experts if i use a redpocket 30$ year prepaid plan that is powered by T-MOBILE gsm network but sold by redpocket their 200mb 200 minutes 1000 texts every 30 day 2.50$ monthly plan.

I attached photos you can see my redpocket sim is GSMT and t-mobile network? Now will it operate in a locked to tmobile phone just slip the simcard in and go? Its for cheaper phone replacement?

See i use to have a tmobile family plan and when the phone would break i would just get a replacement boxed phone Tmobile pixi 4 from tmobile with sim kit from walmart in 2006-2016 and insert old simcard and continue operating.

Now i have redpocket that operates of tmobile gsm. A locked phone says tmobile is locked to tmobile sims only correct?

Say if i did need a replacement phone and had boost a locked to boost phone would directly work with the current simcard?

As you can see walmart stopped stocking the tmobile boxed plan shelf phones for 20$ flip phone 40$ android phones that were easily interchangeable just pop in old simcard from my tmobile service and go.

Now walmart has its on walmart family mobile which says POWERED BY T MOBILE ON THE BOX.

I spoke with a tmobile rep and they told me as long as the phone bands were the same it should operate but couldnt confirm.

Im curious if this redpocket T-mobile gsm will operate in a locked tmobile phone as it uses tmobiles gsm network or walmarts family mobile which is powered by tmobile.

I just bought a 30$ year prepaid redpocket plan 200 mb 200 minutes 1000 texts every 30 days and a g power 2021 3gb 32gb from best buy for black friday 109.99$.

The thing is the off the shelf phones locked to a carrier say tmobile, boost or whichever are compatible with the same carrier from my experience with tmobile and tmobile specific phones with the logo and opening screen.

Attachments

• 2022-11-18-07-59-18.jpg
    2022-11-18-07-59-18.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 144
  • 2022-11-18-08-00-09.jpg
    2022-11-18-08-00-09.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 2022-11-10-12-44-10.jpg
    2022-11-10-12-44-10.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
See here it says operates of tmobile gsm network gsmt so would a locked to tmobile phone be functional with this sim card? Thats usually what it means if it operates of tmobiles network but is sold by redpocket?

You can see the GSMT for t-mobile gsm and my above simcard or network photos showing t-mobile.

Attachments

• 315525916_910417513273902_4451100451133769510_n.jpg
    315525916_910417513273902_4451100451133769510_n.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0
not sure, but if it is locked to t-mobile or boost, than that is it. i could be wrong. if you own the phone, it can't hurt to try it.

also i have alerted the mods, but you should never post your imei number. the mods will delete it. but if you can, i would delete the photos with imei as soon as possible before the mods do.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
not sure, but if it is locked to t-mobile or boost, than that is it. i could be wrong. if you own the phone, it can't hurt to try it.

also i have alerted the mods, but you should never post your imei number. the mods will delete it. but if you can, i would delete the photos with imei as soon as possible before the mods do.
Okay deleted them dont have to tell on me but you can see how my redpocket prepaid 30$ 360 day plan operates on the t-mobile netwrok gsm 4g volte. Think it would function in a phone locked to tmobile simcards only? Anyone know this answer? The cheapest other option phone would be the TCL A30 phone for 90$ unlocked or some other alcatel phone.

Im using a new g power 2021 3gb 32gb 6.5" phone was looking into smaller more pocket friendly phones.

Heres my redpocket plan its not bad 360 days 200mb 200 minutes 1000 texts every 30 days operates on gsm tmobile network by redpocket.

Attachments

• redpocket.jpg
    redpocket.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
Okay deleted them
Whew, good, I was looking for them and thought maybe I was going blind. :p
dont have to tell on me
Nah, he wasn't tattling, just looking out for your safety. There is nothing posting your IMEI will help us, but bad actors may be able to exploit it.
Think it would function in a phone locked to tmobile simcards only?
This I'm not sure about, but it seems like it should work.

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0
Okay deleted them dont have to tell on me but you can see how my redpocket prepaid 30$ 360 day plan operates on the t-mobile netwrok gsm 4g volte. Think it would function in a phone locked to tmobile simcards only? Anyone know this answer? The cheapest other option phone would be the TCL A30 phone for 90$ unlocked or some other alcatel phone..

FYI you should always keep IMEIs, ESNs, and MEIDs private, and off the public interwebs. Because they might be cloned(illegally) into another phone, and if the carrier networks detect duplicates been used, they'll blacklist both devices, rendering your phone useless.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
AH OK THANKS IS IT POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO STEAL MY IMEI AND ATTEMPT TO REGISTER IT SOME TWO BIT JIHADGEE HAKER OR SCAM ARTIST?

ALL OF MY PRIVATE INFORMATION HAS BEEN REMOVED CORRECT? DONT WANT ANYONE STEALING IT.

See i have a zte quest 5 as well 2 of them i used but is locked to qlinkwireless. Qlinkwireless programs the sim to the one imei. I had dropped it a few weeks ago cracking the screen but when attempting to put it back in my old qlink wireless zte quest 5 it reads "INVALID SIM"

I used that phone with service cutoff qlink sim for wifi home use and messenger apps. Qlink wouldnt let me register the other imei to that simcard that would work with wifi just couldnt call out as my service was cutoff.

I asked if they could unlock it to use with my new t mobile gsm network simcard said all qlink phones stayed locked as well as i think tmobile.
Boost will unlock their phones after 12 months of service even on prepaid network and consumer cellular told me after one month of service they could unlock their phones.

Now with that being said a t mobile locked phone use to just need my original simcard from 2006-2016 i was able to use the walmart off the shelf tmobile phones with my old simcard would function and operate without any need to contacting tmobile to change imei. Just pop in locked tmobile phone t mobile service simcard and go.

Now this is a redpocket simcard that operates off t-mobile network gsmt or gsm t-mobile.

Not sure if a locked t-mobile phone would function with the sim or not.

I think the TCL 30A phone is nice its a bit smaller 5.5" i think and not 6.5" and has 3gb/32gb same as the g power 2021 just not as big of a phone.

Attachments

• ztephone (6).jpg
    ztephone (6).jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 82
  • ztephone (1).jpg
    ztephone (1).jpg
    322 KB · Views: 81
  • ztephone (7).jpg
    ztephone (7).jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones