• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Data Not Working

MikNavi

Mar 10, 2015
Good day!

I bought this Samsung S5 from an online seller and soon found out that it was Samsung S5 Korean-clone. I felt upset. Though, I am still using the phone. The phone is great, its the exact replica of the original phone (the reason why I got fooled, lol). The problem is, every time I turn on my Mobile Data, it doesn't show the icons such as H+ or E. Probably, the mobile data is "on" but I couldn't use it or maybe it doesn't really work though my APN settings has been managed (by the way, I'm from Philippines and I've already manage the APN settings thru my network provider). I have tried to do Factory Reset (Power button + volume down + home button) but sadly, the options are in korean/chinese language. Maybe someone could help me make it work. I have attached the screen shots.

Thank you so much! Your help will be highly appreciated. Screenshot_2015-03-10-15-16-37.png Screenshot_2015-03-10-15-17-02.png
Screenshot_2015-03-10-15-16-37.png
Screenshot_2015-03-10-15-17-02.png

Well I answered a few other questions but are you for sure that phone is Unlocked. The sum card is Made to send 3g
im not quite sure about it. My phone is 4G so I think it could manage 3G. My only problem is that, when I turn on my Mobile Data from my notification panel or settings, it doesnt show the icon H+ or E(with download arrows) and it does not work at all. :/

Upvote 0
Okay your working my brain lol. I get that still nothing with reset. Give this one a shot
Settings
Wireless and networks
Network operators
Click choose your own operator.
Choose any op/network that isn't 02

Then locate 'unable to Connect.
Once you choose that go select 02 again, then switch back to automatic. Then restart your phone.

Upvote 0
Okay your working my brain lol. I get that still nothing with reset. Give this one a shot
Settings
Wireless and networks
Network operators
Click choose your own operator.
Choose any op/network that isn't 02

Then locate 'unable to Connect.
Once you choose that go select 02 again, then switch back to automatic. Then restart your phone.

I appreciate your help but still got nothing. :( But honestly, i don't get the fifth step.. "Choose any op/ network that isn't 02....... once you choose that go select 02 again", there's no "02-option" on my network operators. I really am sorry, i'm not an android geek and I find it hard to do such prompts. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones