• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moblie 3G hotspot for Verizon question

3cutiger

Sep 16, 2010
Have a friend with an Incredible, after 2.2 came out he found a thread on here to program the phone to do the hotspot feature without having to pay the ridiculous extra 30 bones a month to Verizon. I don't think it required a root. Can the SF do this on 2.1, or ya'll think when we get the yougurt (froyo) we will be able to do this???

Have a friend with an Incredible, after 2.2 came out he found a thread on here to program the phone to do the hotspot feature without having to pay the ridiculous extra 30 bones a month to Verizon. I don't think it required a root. Can the SF do this on 2.1, or ya'll think when we get the yougurt (froyo) we will be able to do this???
If i am not mistaken, its a froyo thing. Right now with 2.1 verizon has SW that can operate the Mobile Hotspot, but on 2.2 you should be able to do it without paying them.

Upvote 0

Was your friend rooted? If so, he has Wifi Tether or Barnacle Tether which allows free tethering. Thats probably what you saw?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones