• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MOD] LOTS of Build.prop edits!

I made the changes from the OP for the build.prop of the new 2.3.13 release.

This is not an update.zip format, so you'll need to manually push the file to /system

Also, notice it is a .txt, and you'll have to change the extension back to .prop

Thank you for the file. It does not seem to include the Market fix. Any idea on how to get secure apps back on the market place with the .13 leak?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
Some of these would work on the D1 and some not of course.. but curious, I would like to do this one

To make the phone come off of the "black screen" in the middle of, or the end of phone calls when you pull the phone away from your face, I changed

mot.proximity.delay=450
to
mot.proximity.delay=150

The delay is almost no longer NOTICEABLE at all.

and wonder what would happen if you add in something like this into your Build.prop file since on the D1 it is not there?

I did the WiFi change on my D1

Upvote 0
Anyone have a stock 2.1 build.prop file they can Email me (Callindril@gmail.com)? Seems thats whats stopping me from loading up the 2.2 OTA...

When the upgrade starts, it ends quickly with this message:

Verifying current system
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop","76f714f20045407075a08d1f8634dbadf6891 66c5","448243fe4bdffdd0818e81286821889880d37752")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thanks
Cal

Upvote 0
Anyone have a stock 2.1 build.prop file they can Email me (Callindril@gmail.com)? Seems thats whats stopping me from loading up the 2.2 OTA...

When the upgrade starts, it ends quickly with this message:

Verifying current system
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/build.prop","76f714f20045407075a08d1f8634dbadf6891 66c5","448243fe4bdffdd0818e81286821889880d37752")
E:Error in /cache/Blur_Version.1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Thanks
Cal

Just sent you my backup file

Reactions: Callindril
Upvote 0
Can this be used to fix issues with the Market Place with the OTA update that came out yesterday? I am rooted on that but I can't see some apps on the Market Place.

Actually, you can download Rom Manager from the market and then "download rom" from beesleys build.props. All of the current build.props are there.

Upvote 0
Actually, you can download Rom Manager from the market and then "download rom" from beesleys build.props. All of the current build.props are there.

So when you choose to download them with Rom manager, does it download it to the /system directory or a temporary location? The program is going through the process as if I was installing a new ROM on the phone. All I'd like to do is download the build.prop file I want, and then copy it over with Root Explorer.

Also, is there anywhere that lists the changes in the different build.prop files?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones