• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

More than one app for the same thing

If I have more than one app and they're both file managers or settings or security or whatever, what would happen if I got rid of one of them? Would any files they manage go too? I know I asked a similar question but I'm really running out of room with this Blu phone and I hope it'll be safe to get rid of some stuff.

If I have more than one app and they're both file managers or settings or security or whatever, what would happen if I got rid of one of them? Would any files they manage go too? I know I asked a similar question but I'm really running out of room with this Blu phone and I hope it'll be safe to get rid of some stuff.
you can remove any app as long as it is not part of the bloatware most phones have. if you go into your app manager and it has an un-install option, then you should be fine to get rid of it. but if the option is not there or is greyed out, then you are pretty much SOL.

How do I know which to keep? There are maybe 4 different settings apps and another for qr codes. There are I guess 3 file managers.

From what you just said, I would do a factory reset and start fresh. Just my opinion. Good luck what ever you decide to do!

Upvote 0
There's an app called Private Browser. I tried to look it up but I can't find it. It has a blue planet logo with a red orbit. Could someone please tell me more about it? I was going to add some photos of it but when I went to Simple File Manager, I couldn't find them. I tried more than once. Then I opened it separately and there they were.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones