• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most stable 2.2?

Tony N.

May 10, 2010
Been out of the loop for awhile waiting for Froyo to come out for this thing. Did a search, but no results. Anyone here tried a lot of 2.2 have feedback on the most currently stable with least amount of stuff removed?

I'm still on 1.05 radio. It is appreciated if you could recommend a radio too. I heard 2.05 is good and 2.15 is bad. Just turned s-off and fully rooted.

Thanks a bunch.

If you have s-off, just do the 2.15 radio.

As for ROMs, there are a lot of really really great ROMs out there. adrynalyne makes some really awesome ROMs that are stable, fast, and themeable. I would also check out SkyRaider (Sense or Vanilla), and JagerRom. There are a bunch of others that work great too, but those are the big ones. There is also CM6, but that is still pretty buggy right now.

Reactions: Tony N.
Upvote 0
I thought the random rebooting was only with my Inc. on cyanogen. I'm still hung up over sense or Vanilla. Coming from a moto D1, it seems to me like this thing is a battery hog! I use juice defender but I'm wondering if its sense ui or the android system itself.

Any suggestions?

I know in the Droid subforums they have members post full reviews of each and every rom. I'm thinking it might be helpful here if we could start something along those lines.

Upvote 0
Cy rom is unstable on the Inc because it is a generic rom designed for several devices, but the Inc suffers as a result. The custom kernel with OC is also a problem.

I was spoiled with Cy roms on the G1, so surprised the Cy rom is actually an RC, even though it has a lot of issues on the Inc. Mapping of the emmc memory is very problematic on the current version.

Upvote 0
Does the camera, video camera and gps work for these suggested ROMs?

Yes, at least for me. Im on Skyraider 2.5.2 (vanilla) with hydrakernel ocuv 1.13 #3 and the 2.15 radio with s-off. *Whew*:eek: thats a mouthful or handful...typing...anyway. It works wonderfully. I want to try out frankenrom b6 and jager. But whats this im reading about one rom to rule them all?

Reactions: BrainZblown
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones