• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most stable vanilla jb ROM?

I did not read through JellyTime flash instructions to well but some ROM'S I have installed specify 4Ext Recovery "recommended" usually the ones that give options during installation. The JellyTime ROM does not, if remember correctly. Still, I don't know what else to recommend.

I would feel kind of stupid asking you if you did a full wipe :D

If you go back on the JellyTime thread to around R7 you will see guys with all kind of strange problems like gyro not working and posting remedies like unrooting :eek: and rooting again.

So there have been odd install issues.

Another option might be to try my odd full wipe = Factory Reset + cache + dalvik + format all partitions except SDCard.

Upvote 0
D-U-R-X,im 99% sure the first time i flashed jelly time i used clockwork,so recovery should not be a cause. but i guess it wouldnt hurt to try it with CW or 4ext. plus,you may like 4ext if you give it a shot :D i know of some good instructions on how to use it! :smokingsomb:

i cant think of any reason it would hang,there are no unusual install instructions- just full wipe,flash rom,flash gapps.

youre not accidentally flashing a cm7 or ICS gapps,are you?

its not using stupid aroma installer...

what baseband are you running? i guess it could have a firmware incompatability,but if that were the case,id expect ice cold to not run either. hmm.

mebbe ill give it a flash later. been on my beloved for a few weeks now,might be time to move the sim back over to the inspire :D

i also downloaded miui for S&Gs,but as i mentioned im not a huge fan of it(looks to much like iOS :p)

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
Flashed plenty of ROM's, but just can't bring myself to flash a MIUI ROM ;)
its something you have to experience,ral. lots of folks like it becasue it is highly themable and modifiable. as a fellow flashoholic,you cant never have had miui on your phone... even if its only there long enuff to say "um,yeaaaaaah. no. " :D

I love me some MIUI
whaaaaa :eek:

:D :p

to me it looks too cartoony,and iOS-like. but i still flash it now and then to see if my tastes have changed any :smokingsomb:

Reactions: ral
Upvote 0
so i went ahead and flashed it last night. just for ral. :D i wanted to post you a bunch of screenines,but now im late for work :eek: :p

it actually is kind of a nice change,i find i dont hate it quite as much as i used to. and i have to agree the permissions manager is slick.

that said,ill prolly flash jelly time when i get home ;)

if you can deal with the cartoony lookin icons,it actually wouldnt be bad to run it set up with apex or nova launcher,so youd have an app drawer and a more familiar interface :)

Upvote 0
It's got some things other roms just don't offer, like the miui permissions manager. Have an app that asks for too many permissions? Just change it.

MiUI has some interesting features. My daily ROM, Blackout ICS has a MIUI battery bar option. Pretty ingenious. Unfortunately, they way I feel about MIUI is the same way I feel about Samsung's TouchWiz. If I got a Galaxy S III, I would flash CM10 as soon as I got home. :smokin:

Too bright and cheery for me.

Upvote 0
It's got some things other roms just don't offer, like the miui permissions manager. Have an app that asks for too many permissions? Just change it.

It also has hands down the best music player that comes with any ROM. I actually quite liked MIUI on my DHD, but the battery life was often quite bad so I never had it for long

Reactions: ral and Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Sorry, Omar, we are going a bit off topic. But since we have I thought I might as well link this interesting article about MIUI features.

MiUI v4 Beginners Guide

2gt5a9y.jpg

Image of a MIUI ROM for some perspective​

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I fancy trying JellyBean Jelly Time tomorrow... anyone got any instructions on how I should do this? I've never used 4ext only CWMod when I flashed Blackout ICS 'my current rom'.

Thanks

Despite the discussion above, CWM should do fine. Nothing special really. Backup > Full Wipe > Flash Jelly Time > Flash Google Apps > Reboot.

Upvote 0

thats what im running!! its got some themes that,when combined with apex or nova launcher,do not make your eyes bleed nearly as bad :D i had to work late,so i didnt change it yet... i may actually give it a few days.

my only complaint so far is the issue i had with another jb rom(i forget wich one now) where you unlock it and the screen is black... i have to put it back to sleep with the power button,then unlock a second time to see the screen :mad:

aside from that,its got a comparably sized(to other AOSP roms) footprint in memory,and it runs pretty smooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones