• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Motorola Droid music player starts by its self

I am having the same problem while listening to iHeartRadio the Music player turns on. I believe it is linked with the headphone jack since I was able to reproduce the problem while wiggling the cord. I guess I will try the Headset Blocker.

Got to love when you are running at 5 am and your wife's ringtone starts playing and you can't get ahold of her since her phone is off! Hope this works and thanks for the info on the Apps to use!

Upvote 0
With HTC Evo and Adroid 2.3.3, this issue started after connecting the phone to a Skull Candy Blue Tooth headset in my Smith ski helmet. When switching from listening to Rhapsody to a phone call and back to Rhapsody (using BT buttons), the default music player launches.

I called HTC and they had no solution/didnt really care...

To fix, I deleted all MP3s from the phone and problem doesnt occur (no music to play I guess). Unfortunately, this leaves me with no local music play options. Ironically, this will keep me from trying Googles music service...

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and it was driving me nuts trying to figure out why it was happening. I found a solution, it worked for me anyway (Droid2 r2d2).

I opened up the stock music app > Settings > Wired stereo devices > From here you just want to disable audio effects. Hope I helped anyone still having this issue.

Sorry to bump an old topic, but this is the first page that comes up when you search for this issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones