• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Droid X Android Gingerbread Update On May 10th?

I got sick of waiting for the OTA, so I installed the leaked version. After a couple of minor glitches, I could NOT be happier! The phone is faster, smoother, more user-friendly, with DRAMATICALLY better battery life. Today for example, I had a 10 hr day, with 8 average length calls in/out...checking weather radar a cpl times an hr...on bank site and facebook a few times, and still had 80% battery life when I got home. I don't know if thats 50% better than before, but it's definite much better and very acceptable! Love it, love it, love it! :D

As always, SWYPE ROCKS!

I have been having MUCH better luck with my DX after getting a new phone from Verizon and installing the leaked Gingerbread update. Very nice.

Upvote 0
Just got my DX today. Should I just run with the factory wiped version Im running and wait for the May 10th(as im just finding out from reading this thread) release?

And THEN root from GB? Or would rooting from the current version(2.3) be exactly the same?

I'd just wait. It's only a couple weeks away (if may 10th is even a realistic date for vzw(history says..doubt it)). But once you get the hopefully soon rls'd official GB OTA, then root
my .02

May 10th, 2012 is the new date.

lol. wouldn't be surprised.

Upvote 0
Now, if I remember correctly, Froyo was trademarked as a brand name for a frozen yogurt company. Just see Froyo : Premium Frozen Yogurt. Pop Tarts is still in play, my friend. :p

I think the actual name brand there is Froyo Premium Frozen Yogurt (weird, I know). Froyo is just a generic term for frozen yogurt (not able to be trademarked, which is key).

Right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones