1. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. square

square Well-Known Member

multitouch ≠ pinch/zoom

3. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Correct, but that is one of the biggest things along with the on screen keyboard. We already have multitouch on our phones. Android 2.0 has multitouch. So I think this is what it is in regards.

4. square

square Well-Known Member

i've never used a phone with a multitouch keyboard, so i can't say how much better that may be, but the few apps i've used that implement pinch/zoom (dolphin, picsay, b&b gallery), i could take or leave that feature.

5. wsbsteven

wsbsteven Well-Known Member

Pinch/Zoom sounded nice and I wanted it because it sounded nice but when I had it in the browser, I didn't use it.

6. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

Given that Moto is the one tweaking 2.1 for the droid, what are the chances of this trickling back to us Milestone-style?

(Personal note: I don't really care for pinch/zoom outside of picture browsing...)

7. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

What is most interesting about all of this is Motorola's own admission that Multitouch is a sensitive subject. I have read articles claiming that Apple may actually hold a significant number of patents for multitouch that inhibit Android from using it the same way out of the box. What Motorola's spokesperson is saying seems to elude to this as well. So, I wonder then if that means the Droid will "officially" support it or all devices from here on out? I know there are ROMs from other platforms being ported over already that have multitouch support eg: milestone, but what about official support? It would really be a shame to have Motorola drop the ball on this one.

8. MisterEff

MisterEff Well-Known Member

This just means that all future devices will be multitouch capable. Like the droid is. Until Google supports it in its apps we are screwed.