• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moving files to a new phone

old_codger

Jun 3, 2011
WV
Just bought an Alpha to replace my Samsung Rugby. Figured I'd just move my SD card to my Alpha when I got home. Problem is, the Alpha doesn't accept external cards.
I figured I'd back up the Sd on the Rugby to my PC and, from there, to the Alpha. This is where I ran in to a problem. I can access all data on the Sd while it's in the Rugby. I can call up FIle Manager on the Rugby and see all files. I can transfer files from the External to the internal. But, when I connect the Rugby to the PC by USB and call up the cards on PC File Manager . . . nothing. The external shows folders but all are empty. THe internal doesn't even show folders.
How do I get the PC File Manager to 'see' and move files from the Rugby external card?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones