• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help moving icons around

hi guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone else has this strange problem...
Whenever I try moving an icon from one page to the next it jumps around.
Placing it on the left it jumps to the left page and same for the right side.
Or is my finger just too big???
I'm not sure I understand your issue - when you drag an icon to the edge of the screen, a line appears where it shows the edge of the next screen and it will then jump to the next screen. This is normal. The icon follows my finger when I drag it from screen to screen.

Upvote 0
It is a bit difficult to tell what's going on from the description, but let me describe what is happening to me. When I long press an icon, the expected behavior is that it will release from the home screen that is is on and allow you to drag it around the screen and drop it where you want. You should also be able to drag it to the left or right into the border that appears on the sides of the screen and it "should" flip over to that screen and allow you to drag it around on that screen and place it where you want on that home screen or even drag it to a border again to switch to another screen.

This works somewhat erratically. The behavior I am experiencing is that as i'm trying to move it around the screen, it will randomly start flipping screens. It will flip back and forth between 3 and 4 then maybe back to 3 then two then one. Or maybe flip from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5, and when I try to drag it to the left edge it will filp to 4, then right back to 5. I cannot move my Icons around to where I want them because of the erratic flipping of screens.

I thought I read something when I first was setting it up that said something about using motion to flip screens while holding an Icon, but have not been able to find any info on that again. Is there a setting that uses the gyro to flip between screens during an Icon move? I am certain I am not touching the screen anywhere but on the Icon, and I have tried experimenting with tilting the device, and flicking back and forth, but nothing seems to work.

Galaxy S 10.1 stock and updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones