• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Jeffery

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
Marco Island, Florida
I know all of my music is tagged correctly. On the DROID some of the albums say "unknown artist" and most of them are live albums. Does anyone else have similar problems or know how to fix this issue?

I have tried re-tagging with multiple programs on both PC and Mac. The tags show up correctly on the iPhone and every other media player I have used other than the DROID.

I've tried just about everything I can think of, and still no joy. It's happening for me with one specific track (so far). I tag everything with MusicBrainz Picard, clearing all existing tags before writing the new ones. I can look at the tags in any number of programs and they all look fine.

I finally stripped the ID3v2 tags, leaving ID3v1, and that worked...sort of. Except the album wasn't sorted by track number then.

What broken library is Android using to read tags?

Oh btw, this is on a Milestone. Same Android 2.0 OS.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have this problem for a couple of artists. I've tried deleting the files and putting them back and so on, to no avail. It's as if the media scanner has a cache of wrong information it insists on using. My device is a brand new Samsun Galaxy S II with Android 2.3.3. It's driving me nuts. I installed Mortplayer and it can see the ID3 tags just fine!

Upvote 0
This happened to me on EVERY Gingerbread ROM I tried. Every time I flashed a GB ROM, the tags were stripped off of the same 419 songs every time. My only solution was to revert the Droid to Froyo and stay there.

I don't know WHAT I'm gonna do when the Function comes out, already on Gingerbread. Reload 1,000 songs one at a time? :eek:

I would also love to see a solution to this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones