• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MP4 stream not playing

mikaelus

Lurker
Apr 9, 2010
Hello,

We're currently launching a site with live (TV) and non-live streaming of video material.

The RTSP live feeds play fine on Android (.sdp extension) however other videos published on the side in MP4 format - don't. Neither the browser nor the Meridian player recognise the files and play them.

Any ideas where we went wrong?

PS. I'm not the guy in charge of the video encoding etc. but I'm looking for some tips and information for our team. Any info highly appreciated.

Hello,

We're currently launching a site with live (TV) and non-live streaming of video material.

The RTSP live feeds play fine on Android (.sdp extension) however other videos published on the side in MP4 format - don't. Neither the browser nor the Meridian player recognise the files and play them.

Any ideas where we went wrong?

PS. I'm not the guy in charge of the video encoding etc. but I'm looking for some tips and information for our team. Any info highly appreciated.

I dunno either but my htc hero cannot play mp4 videos either

Upvote 0
I am able to play mp4 files on Android handsets. I have had success streaming them via RTSP, and even using http. My problem is that it isn't always RELIABLE. Sometimes I get a file that will play through QT on my Mac, but the same file won't play in my application.

I recently asked my partner, who does the application coding, to give me some details around the issue. He said that these are the error messages he sees:

05-05 00:54:36.366: ERROR/(35): Dynamically Loading the library : libOmxH264Dec.so
05-05 00:54:36.436: ERROR/QCvdec(35): get_parameter: unknown param 0ff7a347
05-05 00:54:36.436: ERROR/PlayerDriver(35): Command PLAYER_PREPARE completed with an error or info PVMFErrNoResources
05-05 00:54:36.436: ERROR/MediaPlayer(4632): error (1, -15)
05-05 00:54:36.436: ERROR/MediaPlayer(4632): Error (1,-15)

It is weird that other files using the same encoding parameters, coming from the same server, just won't play.

Any help is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones