MTP Device not responding during file transferSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nick Fury

Nick Fury New Member

Good morning forum users
    I've been digging on Google for solution for two days with no luck

The problem:During file transfer over approx. 3.8 GB my SAMSUNG Gx SII stops responding (progression bar stops, device say MTP Stopped Responding)
    . Smaller files up to that size go through.

Efforts: I've tried on two PC's and 2 cables. I've deleted over 16 characters long files using FIX from google. I tried using USB debugging on/off and turning phone into MASS STORAGE (it would not allow large files to pasted into the phone, saying they were too large).

Strangely, I was able to transfer 7GB files before without a problem on same PC's . It just only happened now that It freezes.

Obviously, something has changed suddenly but I don't have a clue at what point. Last thing I remember is that I updated google CHROME (since last time the transfer worked fine).

I am kind of afraid that there is no universal solution. If there was one, I would have found it already ....

UPDATE: I've just tried AIRDROID wireless transfer app , and at the 50 % of progress the bar went back to 6 % !!!

I think it must the memory card .... some cheap stock stuff

Advertisement
  2. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Nick. :hello:

Are the files you are trying to transfer on your external sd card or your internal storage? Do they transfer ok from internal storage?