• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MTP Device not responding during file transfer

Nick Fury

Lurker
Nov 17, 2012
Good morning forum users
I've been digging on Google for solution for two days with no luck

The problem:During file transfer over approx. 3.8 GB my SAMSUNG Gx SII stops responding (progression bar stops, device say MTP Stopped Responding)
. Smaller files up to that size go through.

Efforts: I've tried on two PC's and 2 cables. I've deleted over 16 characters long files using FIX from google. I tried using USB debugging on/off and turning phone into MASS STORAGE (it would not allow large files to pasted into the phone, saying they were too large).

Strangely, I was able to transfer 7GB files before without a problem on same PC's . It just only happened now that It freezes.

Obviously, something has changed suddenly but I don't have a clue at what point. Last thing I remember is that I updated google CHROME (since last time the transfer worked fine).

I am kind of afraid that there is no universal solution. If there was one, I would have found it already ....

UPDATE: I've just tried AIRDROID wireless transfer app , and at the 50 % of progress the bar went back to 6 % !!!

I think it must the memory card .... some cheap stock stuff

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones