• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Multiple issues

Gubble

Nov 30, 2010
UK
Hello,

New to android and having real issues with my new wildfire and I'm not sure if they are connected.

1) Installed some apps yesterday fine but when I try to download apps today they just hang and say download starting.

2) Had trouble installing HTC sync to my pc. After second attempt it installed (I've installed it again since) but won't connect. Tried the USB debugging fix and it connects but I can't sync contacts or the calendar. Now whenever I connect the USB debugging starts even though it is turned off. If I turn it off once it is connected the connection drops.

I have been reading different fixes for both problems but none of them work. Any help will really be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums, Gubble.

If a simple reboot of the device didn't help, those symptoms seem to beg for a factory data reset. On most Android devices that is accomplished by going into the menu > settings > privacy > factory data reset.

Once done, you'll have to reconfigure your device, but it will wash out any issues in most cases.

Good luck. Post back your results.

Reactions: Gubble
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones