Multiple issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Gubble

Gubble Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

New to android and having real issues with my new wildfire and I'm not sure if they are connected.

1) Installed some apps yesterday fine but when I try to download apps today they just hang and say download starting.

2) Had trouble installing HTC sync to my pc. After second attempt it installed (I've installed it again since) but won't connect. Tried the USB debugging fix and it connects but I can't sync contacts or the calendar. Now whenever I connect the USB debugging starts even though it is turned off. If I turn it off once it is connected the connection drops.

I have been reading different fixes for both problems but none of them work. Any help will really be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to the forums, Gubble.

If a simple reboot of the device didn't help, those symptoms seem to beg for a factory data reset. On most Android devices that is accomplished by going into the menu > settings > privacy > factory data reset.

Once done, you'll have to reconfigure your device, but it will wash out any issues in most cases.

Good luck. Post back your results.

Gubble likes this.
  3. Gubble

Is there a simple way to save all of my contacts before I carry out the factory reset?

4. Gubble

Thanks.

Any idea if there is a quick way to save my phone contacts?

5. Gubble

Sorry about repeating myself, new to posting on forums.

I cut the power, reseated the battery and SD card. Turned the phone back on and apps started appearing like bees round a honey pot. Haven't sorted the sync issue yet though.

Thanks for the help