Multiple phone owners

Last Updated:

1. JohnCL

JohnCL Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, I see many members that say they have 3 or 4 phones. Do you guys switch between devices often? Can you just move to another phone for a while and then move back and have the phone the same as you left it? I am curious because I just purchased an Incredible and would like to try it out, but don't want my X to lose anything if I move from it for a while. I know you can switch devices easily from MyVerizon, but is there a limitation to this?

I know this may seem pretty basic, but I am just not sure how it all works. Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

yeah you can switch phones pretty much as often as you would like. you can do so a few ways. and you wont lose any of your data any of them.

You can bring it into a stor and they will do it, although depending on the rep they may charge you upwards of 10$.

you can do it yourself by dialing *228 choosing otion 3(its not mentioned in the list) then following those instructions. (requires phone number you want to activate it on and account password)

or if you want to you can PM me any day (except tuesdays and fridays since im not working) and I can throw it on your account (although that requires your phone number, last 4 of the social/tax id and/or, password) which alot of people probably arent comfortable doing online and I dont blame you.

Oh you can also call customer service at 18009220204 put in your phone number when prompted, then press 0 ### and puts you directly through to a live rep :)

Martimus and JohnCL like this.
  3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

With GSM (T-mobile / AT&T) you simply swap out the SIM cards between phones.

With Sprint & Verizon you have to use the carrier provided tools to swap phones since there are no SIM cards.

With Sprint I simply use the online ESN swap tool to switch phones.

4. JohnCL

JohnCL Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the help, never knew about the *228 option. That sounds easy enough.

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

yeah on verizon i just turn off the one phone and *228 the other one to switch. Only time I'll switch through myverizon is when running an aosp rom on my inc because for some reason i cant bring up a dialer to hit #1

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Cool! I didn't know about *228 option 3... I'll have to try that one of these days.

7. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Sim card swap FTW

8. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

sim cards are for noobs *hides in his cae and ignores the fact that LTE will be Sim based*

9. mpw

mpw Well-Known Member

I have two phones on the go at the moment, but previously I had four phones at once; all SIM phones too, so I actually had 6handsets at one point!

I have 7 SIMs presently, although only 2 get regular use at the moment.

It's all due to a mix of work and personal phones; I can't wait until there are some decent mainstream dual SIM options available.