• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Multiple phone owners

So, I see many members that say they have 3 or 4 phones. Do you guys switch between devices often? Can you just move to another phone for a while and then move back and have the phone the same as you left it? I am curious because I just purchased an Incredible and would like to try it out, but don't want my X to lose anything if I move from it for a while. I know you can switch devices easily from MyVerizon, but is there a limitation to this?

I know this may seem pretty basic, but I am just not sure how it all works. Thanks!

yeah you can switch phones pretty much as often as you would like. you can do so a few ways. and you wont lose any of your data any of them.

You can bring it into a stor and they will do it, although depending on the rep they may charge you upwards of 10$.

you can do it yourself by dialing *228 choosing otion 3(its not mentioned in the list) then following those instructions. (requires phone number you want to activate it on and account password)

or if you want to you can PM me any day (except tuesdays and fridays since im not working) and I can throw it on your account (although that requires your phone number, last 4 of the social/tax id and/or, password) which alot of people probably arent comfortable doing online and I dont blame you.

Oh you can also call customer service at 18009220204 put in your phone number when prompted, then press 0 ### and puts you directly through to a live rep :)

Reactions: Martimus and JohnCL
Upvote 0
yeah you can switch phones pretty much as often as you would like. you can do so a few ways. and you wont lose any of your data any of them.

You can bring it into a stor and they will do it, although depending on the rep they may charge you upwards of 10$.

you can do it yourself by dialing *228 choosing otion 3(its not mentioned in the list) then following those instructions. (requires phone number you want to activate it on and account password)

or if you want to you can PM me any day (except tuesdays and fridays since im not working) and I can throw it on your account (although that requires your phone number, last 4 of the social/tax id and/or, password) which alot of people probably arent comfortable doing online and I dont blame you.

Oh you can also call customer service at 18009220204 put in your phone number when prompted, then press 0 ### and puts you directly through to a live rep :)

Cool! I didn't know about *228 option 3... I'll have to try that one of these days.

Upvote 0
I have two phones on the go at the moment, but previously I had four phones at once; all SIM phones too, so I actually had 6handsets at one point!

I have 7 SIMs presently, although only 2 get regular use at the moment.

It's all due to a mix of work and personal phones; I can't wait until there are some decent mainstream dual SIM options available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones