Multitouch - working, with code and demos

1. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I am suitably impressed, just shows how far a bit of dedication will get you.
  3. nah0y

nah0y New Member

Just amazing !
    Thx.
  4. sw20matt

sw20matt Well-Known Member

is it possible to get the mult touch without the crossing effect?
  5. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

It would seem not. But like the dev said with lots of apps it simply won't matter. The browser he was using at the end looked awesome. With developers like this doing work and allowing others to use the source, Android looks set for an amazing future.
  6. randel77

randel77 Well-Known Member

yes!!! All I really want is pinch to zoom.
    good find
    good post
  7. Mrqwebb2

Mrqwebb2 Well-Known Member

Any possibility this could be implemented on a 3rd party about without root access?
  8. devolio

In the article, it says it was done on a stock G1. I assume (possibly wrongly,) that he means RC30, without root access. Sure seems like it would work fine to me :) I'll play around with it tomorrow when I have some time to kill and report back.
  9. randel77

Devilio,
    I just emailed the guy that wrote the steel browser about this news.Is this something that would only be possibly on a g1 with root??
  10. randel77

I don't know that g1 didn't look too stock the way he was pulling things off his "desktop" but I'm hopeful it will work without root.
  11. devolio

It *could* work without root, I'm not entirely sure. Like I said, tomorrow, I'll mess around with the code/changes he's given, and see what I can come up with. :)

Edit: You also have to remember, early on he mentions that the program he demos uses static images, not live changing data or anything. So it's more a proof of concept than anything else.
  12. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

You could get it to work without the cross or snap effect. You would just need to have an algorithm/function tracking the history of the points, basically assuming that the user wants to "rotate" and then correct for the snapping and over lapping X,Y coordinates.