• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Music and ringtone file transfer questions

Once I am into the root directory of my DX do I need to create there another directory labeled "Music" or should I create the "Music" folder in one of the other existing dirs? (dcim?)

Do I understand correctly that if you are making ringtones from your installed music using ringdroid that ringdroid will create the necessary directory folders for your text, call and notification ringtones?

Thank you in advance,

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Once I am into the root directory of my DX do I need to create there another directory labeled "Music" or should I create the "Music" folder in one of the other existing dirs? (dcim?)

Do I understand correctly that if you are making ringtones from your installed music using ringdroid that ringdroid will create the necessary directory folders for your text, call and notification ringtones?

Thank you in advance,

Bruce in Ocala, FL

personally i created a folder on my SD card called "Music" and then inside that folder i have more folders for each artist...this is simply for me to help keep things in order...

as for ringdroid, im not next to my phone at this very moment so i can't check, but im pretty sure it automatically puts the files in the right places..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones