• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Music no one else knows about

Antlers (Match Rock) Here is their Bandcamp page, where their oldest album is Math Rock but they've ended up progressing to a Jam-band sort of style

Hospice is arguably one of my favorite albums of all time <3

I fell in love with Hotel of the Laughing Tree last year. They're very Dear Hunter-ish in sound... they're described as a progressive/folk/indie band.

YouTube link to one of their songs, "Bad Canterbury".

Highly recommend them. They released a new EP last year on their bandcamp, and it's one of those "name-your-price" purchases. Phenomenal. If you have a Spotify, search for them on their... IIRC, they have just their second album on their.

Upvote 0
Right at the end of the Cassandra Wilson show I saw on Saturday night Charlie McMahon came on stage with his slide didgeridoo (it slides like a trombone) and it inspired me to share with y'all just how good he is. I imagine very few of you are aware of just how flexible the didg can be, here's Charlie McMahon with an acid jazz number of his, "Corrupt Wobble":

Upvote 0
A little three-piece band called Yummy is something that I was turned on to via Pandora. Their debut (and only) album "Elegante" is a mixture of James Brown and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Very unique sound, but I think their guitarist died soon after the album's release and the remaining two didn't continue the band.

They are easier to find on Spotify than they are on Pandora though.

Upvote 0
A drift but most of my music probably comes into that category for the majority of people.

Still it can be interesting to learn from others that Caliope House (actually written by Dave Richardson of Boys Of The Lough") is by the Waterboys (the tune at the end of A man is in love

Or that say Dirty Old Town (actually written by Ewan McColl) is a Pogues Song (I love thier version btw) but then again it's nice to see people recognise a song or tune and I don't suppose many would know that old folkie Ewan McColl also wrote The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face either.

As drift on drift, I think Ewan McColl's best love song was Sweet Thames Flow Softly

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones