Must factory reset to delete gmail account??General

Last Updated:

1. inTECHrity

inTECHrity Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I'm a gmail guy all the way, but receiving second-to-second emails via the gmail app is DRAINING my battery. I re setup my account through htc mail and active sync and its working great - my only problem is that It wont let me delete my account from the gmail app! I'd prefer not to have mail flowing in through 2 apps! It's telling me I have to do a factory reset in order to delete it. Is there any way around this? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

You can tell it to not sync your email. Menu -> settings -> accounts & sync -> google. Uncheck gmail.

inTECHrity likes this.
  3. douger

douger Well-Known Member

Yeah...a factory reset is the only way...and when it's done booting from that, you'll get the chance to set it up again. I don't think it will go away...it's an "essential" service.

Change your sync settings. Turn them off if you must, and manually sync, which I think happens when you open the Gmail application.

inTECHrity likes this.
  4. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

This seems to conflict with what NKT is saying.. what is the deal?

5. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

In order to remove the original sign in account you will have to factory reset. But if you just don't want duplicate email, just disable one of the accounts. Since he doesn't want to use the gmail app he has to disable it in the accounts settings.

6. hornyhippo

hornyhippo Well-Known Member

7. scollin

scollin New Member

When I set up the accounts on the INC I entered only my gmail information. But now the phone is reporting 2 accounts one for Google using the e-mail address I entered; and one for G-mail using the same e-mail address. On my Google account page new labels were created for IMAP Inbox, IMAP Sent and IMAP Trash. Which account should I disable to avoid duplication...

Cheers, Steve

8. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

It sounds like you have the account setup for IMAP access thru the Mail app AND for gmail access thru the gmail app.

Either way is fine, pick one and turn the other off.