• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Muve Music for Mercury now available via OTA update

So cricket just called me and offered me a $30 credit... $20 to cover an in-store exchange for a new Mercury w/o the Muve Music Update on it and $10 for the inconvenience I've suffered. I WIN! MUWHAHAHAHA!!! Of course they still denied that there was any issue with the OTA update, or that anyone else had complained about the same issue... Which really would have made me giddy... But they admitted defeat, b/c if they'd really not been at fault I seriously doubt they would have made that offer to me... So I'll take that as an admission of guilt. =-D

So if you're one of the people being affected by this I urge you to contact customer service, or go into a corporate store, and reference this post... Hold them accountable and get your phones replaced and accounts credited. Or just root/flash and go on with your bad selfs... Either way, there's a couple of options for you. I have to say I was getting pretty pissed at Cricket over this issue... But the guy that called was nice, helpful, and perfectly willing to make the situation right. Regardless of whether or not that was genuine or them trying to fix a situation before it got out of hand... Either way, they probably just saved me as a customer.

Upvote 0
If anyone else has not had an issue with the upgrade please post, so I'm not the only one.

I suspect that everyone else that is not having problems is out enjoying their working phone.

Also, if you still have tethering like me, please post.
I'm at a loss.

I think it would be good to know how many people were already Rooted when applying the muve update, I'm not sure if that was a factor or not, I was rooted but otherwise stock, all stock apps installed & no errors were displayed during the muve update process.

Upvote 0
I went and exchanged my phone today... It was a hassle b/c the CSR at the store was determined to find some reason to not do the exchange but he eventually caved, albeit reluctantly. And, ironically enough, it was the *****ebag that bold face lied to me the first time I brought it into the corporate store for this issue. The new Mercury's already have the 2.3.6 Android operating system and the 2.6.35.7-perf kernel... Which is what the update was supposedly supposed to do to the one's carrying 2.3.5... If they ever did, I'm beginning to wonder... So if you've bought a phone with the up to date firmware and you don't want Muve Music then there is NO reason to risk doing the update. He said *maybe* my update got screwed b/c I did it over Wifi and not on the Cricket 3G network, but whatever... I'm not risking the update a second time, especially since it apparently offers nothing other than Muve which, especially for someone like me that listens to obscure European electronic music, is a huge waste of time and money. Anyway, there ya have it. My saga is over. Ta da.

Upvote 0
I went and exchanged my phone today... It was a hassle b/c the CSR at the store was determined to find some reason to not do the exchange but he eventually caved, albeit reluctantly. And, ironically enough, it was the *****ebag that bold face lied to me the first time I brought it into the corporate store for this issue. The new Mercury's already have the 2.3.6 Android operating system and the 2.6.35.7-perf kernel... Which is what the update was supposedly supposed to do to the one's carrying 2.3.5... If they ever did, I'm beginning to wonder... So if you've bought a phone with the up to date firmware and you don't want Muve Music then there is NO reason to risk doing the update. He said *maybe* my update got screwed b/c I did it over Wifi and not on the Cricket 3G network, but whatever... I'm not risking the update a second time, especially since it apparently offers nothing other than Muve which, especially for someone like me that listens to obscure European electronic music, is a huge waste of time and money. Anyway, there ya have it. My saga is over. Ta da.

Glad u got your phone!

By the way, my successful update was through wi-fi, so that wasn't it.

Upvote 0
Glad u got your phone!

By the way, my successful update was through wi-fi, so that wasn't it.

Well, and you have to understand that comment came from the same D-bag at the Cricket store that told me Content Filtering would fix my MMS issue and make my phone run faster AND put Ringback Tones on my account without my permission for the commission... So you have to take anything he says as a complete lie.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones