• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My 2 cents About The Droid.

atlbuc

Android Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I just got back from Verizon where I spent a little time with The Droid and I must say that I love this phone. I have seen several videos of Android 2.0 so I wasn't concerned that this wasn't going to be a good OS. My biggest thing was with the hardware, how well it is made, how is the slider and keyboard. I must say this phone is solid, no play in the slider like Palm Pre. The keyboard is better than what people have been reporting. The keys are flat but I did some typing with no issues. There was a Motorola rep there and did say that stock will not be an issue at least here in the Atlanta area. Just my 2 cents.

I just got back from Verizon where I spent a little time with The Droid and I must say that I love this phone. I have seen several videos of Android 2.0 so I wasn't concerned that this wasn't going to be a good OS. My biggest thing was with the hardware, how well it is made, how is the slider and keyboard. I must say this phone is solid, no play in the slider like Palm Pre. The keyboard is better than what people have been reporting. The keys are flat but I did some typing with no issues. There was a Motorola rep there and did say that stock will not be an issue at least here in the Atlanta area. Just my 2 cents.

Thats good to know, I know the keyboard comments got a lot of people nervous including myself. I just keep thinking if it is bad well then I'll use the software keyboard, I mean I have used it on the iPhone for 2 years now.

Upvote 0
Thats good to know, I know the keyboard comments got a lot of people nervous including myself. I just keep thinking if it is bad well then I'll use the software keyboard, I mean I have used it on the iPhone for 2 years now.

The keyboard is fine, I had no trouble typing on it and I have large hands. I figured if I could type on the Palm Pre then I can certainty type on the Droid

Upvote 0
THANK YOU!! This was my one major concern, the keyboard got a LOT of criticism. Thanks so much for giving your 2 cents. I am annoyed, I went to the local VZW store to see if they would let me see one...even just the Dummy. nope...wouldn't budge. The guy tried to play it off to me like they didn't "have them in yet" yea right...

Upvote 0
THANK YOU!! This was my one major concern, the keyboard got a LOT of criticism. Thanks so much for giving your 2 cents. I am annoyed, I went to the local VZW store to see if they would let me see one...even just the Dummy. nope...wouldn't budge. The guy tried to play it off to me like they didn't "have them in yet" yea right...

Yea the 1st guy I asked was like we cant let anyone see until tomorrow so I turned around and was about to walk out when I saw a guy playing with one. So I walked over and he turned out to be the Motorola rep. He had his own Droid but was playing with another reps who was behind the counter and she let me play with it.

Upvote 0
Yea the 1st guy I asked was like we cant let anyone see until tomorrow so I turned around and was about to walk out when I saw a guy playing with one. So I walked over and he turned out to be the Motorola rep. He had his own Droid but was playing with another reps who was behind the counter and she let me play with it.

Which ATL store did you go to? I am in ATL as well and would like to check one out....

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones