My ATT Captivate broke want to buy used Droid X

1. cool_kyle_3000

cool_kyle_3000 Active Member

Can I just swap sim cards from my ATT Samsung Captivate? I was planning on buying one from Craigslist.

Advertisement
  2. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Well-Known Member

Droid X dont take sim card different types of networks
  3. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

verizon does not use a SIM card. they use CDMA networks.
    if you do get one off craigslist, make sure the ESN is clean. that should be the fist thing you ask the person. get the esn (it is the MEID HEX number under the battery) call your local VZW store and have them check the ESN, if it comes back clean, buy it.
  4. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

You cannot use a Droid X on AT&T network. Verizon and AT&T use two totally different technologies. If you wanted to, you cound get a Droid 2 Global and use it on AT&Ts network(it contains both a CDMA radio, and a GSM radio). If you are shopping on criegslist for a phone, Make sure it is a GSM phone, Not CDMA. good luck!
  5. chmodx

chmodx Well-Known Member

Would the Droid 2 using at&t GSM still get an OTA update then? Since it's a Verizon phone?
  6. cool_kyle_3000

I do not like the droid 2 global because small screen and 5mp camera so I think. I may go HTC. What phone should I get?
  7. someotherguy

someotherguy Well-Known Member

So since you wanted Motorola on AT&T why not get an atrix?
  8. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

being on at&t, get you a Motorola Atrix .... dual core! 4G! 8MP HD camera! whats not to love? as long as your not into rooting and romming...... it has a locked bootloader too
  9. cool_kyle_3000

screen is only 4 inches i dont like that phone
  10. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

The D2 won't work on ATT anyway. Even if you unlock the sim slot it will revert to CDMA if you are in the USA. That's how my Saga worked anyway.
  11. cool_kyle_3000

darn i want a motorola phone maybe an HTC and cant afford the atrix
  12. Lise1024

Lise1024 New Member

Hi Kyle:

I am selling my Moto Droid X device. If interested, please contact me.

Thx,
    Lise1024
    [Removed Contact Info]
  13. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi Lise, for security purposes, I removed the contact info from your post.

The post is nearly a year old so I presume Kyle has a new phone by now. If you're looking to sell, feel free to post in our classifieds section once you meet the criteria: Classifieds - Android Forums
    VoidedSaint likes this.