• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Behold won't boot after deleting management.apk cache : /

This phone is less than a week old , would T-mobile take it back? LOL

I was simply messing around...it's stuck at the ANDROID screen

What else can I do to it to revert it back?

Were you following my tip??????
If so , you are supposed to clear DATA , when you go to settings>applications

Nothing is wrong with your phone .,.,., Turn it off then hold down volume down + call button + power button ,,,, when you see the top left says 'recovery mode' , then press menu twice ,, this is a hard reset....

Upvote 0
the phone takes a little longer to boot after data cleared . If while booting your keypad lights up and stays on then your "boot_looping" if it comes on and goes off in a few seconds you will see the home screen ..
after hard reset clear data and restart ,,, then clear it again ,, then install your apps ., to see what causing you to loop...
Also ,, if you Rooted and have a home replacement installed ( this has been known to also cause boot_loop) , you might need to install BusyBox to fix the issue ... the script is in this forum ,...,

Upvote 0
nope ur wrong , first boot is slow , but normal after that .. the app does not rebuild the data if you clear it through the default app manger , when I cleared it , it went to 716kb and is still that to this day ...I've got 45 apps installed with 74mb left , I believe the device management app is some how tied in with PcStudio from Samsung , like active sync is on WM.. All other android devices boot well without such an app , this phone does not need it .. I have seen no performance issues at all , I am even rooted with busybox ...

Upvote 0
nope ur wrong , first boot is slow , but normal after that .. the app does not rebuild the data if you clear it through the default app manger , when I cleared it , it went to 716kb and is still that to this day ...I've got 45 apps installed with 74mb left , I believe the device management app is some how tied in with PcStudio from Samsung , like active sync is on WM.. All other android devices boot well without such an app , this phone does not need it .. I have seen no performance issues at all , I am even rooted with busybox ...

I cleared it through the regular app manager multiple times and it keeps coming back after every reboot. Maybe it works for some but not everyone.

Upvote 0
I followed the tip on clearing the cache in device management where you free up 40MB of space but ever since then I incurred nothing but problems. Numerous reboots and hard resets where the handset would get stuck on the Android screen. If I turned off my phone it would only load to the Android screen. After my last hard reset I decided to leave the device management apk alone and I haven't had a problem since then. I think that 40MB or so is intended for some purpose and It's probably not wise to delete this information.

Just my experience

Upvote 0
Going by the name of the app, it could be this is how Tmo manages the phone. I know I read an article about how Verizon changed everyone's blackberry to use Bing instead of google as the default search. I say this since I used to have the myfaves plan, changed it over to even more plus, but the change in plan wasnt right a way. After I got the txtmsg saying my plan had changed, the myfaves app disappeared from view on the phone.

So it could be that the phone when it boots up is getting information from the network and rebuilding it. But again all speculation.

Upvote 0
I followed the tip on clearing the cache in device management where you free up 40MB of space but ever since then I incurred nothing but problems. Numerous reboots and hard resets where the handset would get stuck on the Android screen. If I turned off my phone it would only load to the Android screen. After my last hard reset I decided to leave the device management apk alone and I haven't had a problem since then. I think that 40MB or so is intended for some purpose and It's probably not wise to delete this information.

Just my experience

When it got stuck on the Android boot do you know how much space you had left on the internal memory disk?

Upvote 0
You guys are too funny ,,,,, I'm going to stick with what I've said .. Shawn I have had NONE of the issues you have described , and it sucks that you have experienced nothing but headaches following it . I hope it will still help others ,AS , this is still a learning period for us with the Behold2 and Samsung's customizations....

Upvote 0
Yea I could be completely wrong on this instance but this is what I've experienced. At first I thought it was a certain app (open home) that was causing it stay on the bootloader screen but even when I had touchwiz as the default, my phone still wouldn't boot past the android screen. I tinkered with uninstalling almost every 3rd party app including taskiller and I was still getting similar results. The last thing I did was to not clear the cache in device management (knocks on wood) and now when I turn off/turn back on my device it goes straight to the touchwiz/open home ui option.

By process of elimination I just assumed it had something to do with that but I could be completely wrong.

Upvote 0
So I finally had a crash which caused an auto reboot, the first since I deleted a bunch of the stock apps. I was nervous since I had deleted the device management data, and probably would be close to the total limit of the device since I have tons of apps. Well it looks like the device management did not show up after the boot, and everything seems to be running smoothly. A very nice surprise!

Upvote 0
So I finally had a crash which caused an auto reboot, the first since I deleted a bunch of the stock apps. I was nervous since I had deleted the device management data, and probably would be close to the total limit of the device since I have tons of apps. Well it looks like the device management did not show up after the boot, and everything seems to be running smoothly. A very nice surprise!

JUST a FYI .... the lag we get at start up is not because of lack of memory , its because everything is pounding the processor AT the SAME time ....
That thought of boot needing memory is true , but that memory is built in to the kernel and always there for boot ...

ai can not tell you that device management apk is directly tied in with samsung's PCstudio software , like active sync and WM . I have now deleted the apks ( the ones with wssc in their names ) and that got rid of the device management apk....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones