• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My data stopped working

jcnyc

Android Enthusiast
Mar 21, 2011
My data/internet was working fine last night and I got email alls all the way until 5am EST. When I woke up at 7, it was not working and I can't for the life of me get it to turn on. Only thing I did differently recently was I turned on the mobile hotspot yesterday to test it out (which it worked). I see all the Bars and they're full, but there's no 4glte icon next to it.

I've rebooted and took the battery out numerous times and the only thing that happens is it'll give me 1X for like a minute and then turn off...

Anyone have this before?

Btw, airpplane more is NOT on and I can connect via wireless and my account is in good standing as far as I can see.

This happened all over the network at the begining of last week. Shut off the phone, remove the battery and then remove the 4g card. Wait about 10 seconds and put it back in and turn the phone back on. That seemed to work for some, me included. Still, VZW might be working on the network in your area, therefore there is nothing you can do but wait.
I suggest you call and complain, as that may help them know the impact of network issues and may help them prepare better for the inevitable impact the Bionic and the other 4G phones will have on the network as they come out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones