• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My first android phone ever, and I am stuck need help

Ok, it seems that everywhere I look at apps they are saying I have to have root. Whether I am looking at screencapture software, backup software, you name it, everything says I have to have root.

I bought a very cheap $99 t-mobile concord (Brcm zte v768). It seems that everywhere I go, everyone mentions coming to either this site or one other site out there, but nowhere can I find the info I need.

Is there a simple thread somewhere that will give me the download link to the software for my phone and what I need to do?

I am in a similar situation...

Bought the inexpensive phone as my first smart phone of any kind.

Not really worried about screen captures at this point.

I actually bought an app from GooglePlay store that expands the RAM on the phone by partitioning the SD card.
Sweet idea but phone must be rooted.

Bought another thing that was supposed to root it, but it turns out it was not compatible with the phone (fortunately they are refunding price).

Keep looking and Googling how to do it but not having any luck either...

Hope someone can help soon...

Upvote 0
I am in a similar situation...

Bought the inexpensive phone as my first smart phone of any kind.

Not really worried about screen captures at this point.

I actually bought an app from GooglePlay store that expands the RAM on the phone by partitioning the SD card.
Sweet idea but phone must be rooted.

Bought another thing that was supposed to root it, but it turns out it was not compatible with the phone (fortunately they are refunding price).

Keep looking and Googling how to do it but not having any luck either...

Hope someone can help soon...
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
what phone do you have? can't help you unless we know what you have;)

curious as to what app partitions the sd card? never heard of this.

Upvote 0
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
what phone do you have? can't help you unless we know what you have;)

curious as to what app partitions the sd card? never heard of this.

Just like the original post, I have the HTC Concord ZTE V768

The app I have is Roehsoft Ram-Expander.
"Up to 4.0 GB of memory with a click! Android 1.6 - 4.1 with root access and external SD memory card! More memory means that background tasks can not be terminated, and many programs, wich needs background services will now work correctly!"

Sounds great if I can just get the phone rooted so I can get it to work.

Upvote 0
Just like the original post, I have the HTC Concord ZTE V768

The app I have is Roehsoft Ram-Expander.
"Up to 4.0 GB of memory with a click! Android 1.6 - 4.1 with root access and external SD memory card! More memory means that background tasks can not be terminated, and many programs, wich needs background services will now work correctly!"

Sounds great if I can just get the phone rooted so I can get it to work.

interesting, i'm gonna have to look into that app, thanx

now i would follow this thread:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1853571. looks there are a few guys trying to obtain root. not sure how it will go, but as of now your phone does not have a rooting method yet at least i could not find any yet.

Upvote 0
1. Download Root checker, superuser, and busybox installer from play store.
2. Download the attachment update.zip
3. Move the update.zip to the root of your sdcard
4. Power off your phone
5. Reboot into recovery by holding volume down and power until the android and triangle exclamation appears.
6. After this shows, release buttons and click the home button
7. Using the volume buttons, navigate to "apply update from sdcard" and select it by clicking the menu button
8. Select the update.zip file
9. Navigate to YES if asked and click the menu button.
10. Now reboot your system by clicking on "reboot system now"
11. Install busybox from busybox installer app
12. ROOTED!

Attachments

• update.zip
    220.2 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Hi i am a android developer very advanced
The proper easiest way to root the concord
Is launch your web browser then go to Google type poot apk yes indeed i know it is silly sounding but it is the way you should tap the first link should take you to dropbox download tap the download or head to the downloads directory inter sd using any capable files manager preferably astro then when prompted install launch in all apps drawer then when prompted download ministroII very important it is the seconds you are able to get this off the play store then relaunch poot now it should download all root files then self install note:download wait variety is on behalf of your internet speed it may take awhile.Now install busybox wait until smart install loads then install then superuser and root checker note:do not run until reboot after superuser and busybox then a pop up comes up for super user tap grant ttthen tada you have root
now install twrp or clockworkmod from play store then a root
Explorer then reboot congratulations you have all root benefits and can install newer versions of android thank you for your time and no need to hope i know it worked have a nice day bye

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones