• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Galaxy S keeps turning itself off!

davido-23

Lurker
Aug 22, 2011
Hi!

I'm new to the "Smartphone", a couple of months ago I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S 8gb phone and I really like it... but recently I ahve noticed that in the morning it has turned itself off... so I thought the battery had run out... as it wouldn't turn back on. The only way to get it going is to take the battery out! and when I put it back in it showed to be at 71%. This has happened a few times.

Have I got a dodgy phone or do I have some setting wrong?:thinking:

Please can you help as this was quite expensive!!:eek:

Thanks.

Hi!

I'm new to the "Smartphone", a couple of months ago I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy S 8gb phone and I really like it... but recently I ahve noticed that in the morning it has turned itself off... so I thought the battery had run out... as it wouldn't turn back on. The only way to get it going is to take the battery out! and when I put it back in it showed to be at 71%. This has happened a few times.

Have I got a dodgy phone or do I have some setting wrong?:thinking:

Please can you help as this was quite expensive!!:eek:

Thanks.

Which version do you have? 2.2.3 or 2.3.3?

Upvote 0
I just received my phone today and I am also new to the smartphone. Everything was hunkydory until I tried to use bluetooth to transfer my contacts from my old phone. My phone kept switching itself off everytime I tried to set the bluetooth up. I had just installed some android apps, task killer, photo stuff, couple of games, live wallpapers etc. I have now uninstalled all of these and the phone has been fine since. I can only assume that one of the apps was causing some sort of conflict, so maybe I`ll start installing them back on one at a time and keep checking to see whether the issue returns. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones