• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

my gps is not working on the samsung galaxy reverb virgin mobile

smartphone45

May 15, 2012
hi

Is it possible the phone is defective the only things i can see wrong with it is the wifi randomly turns on by itself and the gps very rarely works...yes I am turning on the correct services for the gps however very poor results...

can I get some feedback on these issues please.

I have no experience of this phone, so can't say whether poor GPS performance is normal or not. I see you've also posted in the phone forum, but it doesn't look very active so will do what I can here.

Try installing the app GPS Status. As well as showing information such as how many satellites you can see, the precision of your fix, it will also download gps assistance data when you run it, which should speed the GPS lock. So it may help both in getting a lock and in identifying the problem.

If you are using a case which might possibly contain any metal, remove that for testing - I have a leather flip case which has a bit of a metal frame under the leather and this interferes quite dramatically with my GPS.

Upvote 0
I have the Reverb. My GPS works fine.

Suggest you try Google Navigate or GPS Essentials. You may have to turn on your GPS in
"Settings", "Location Services", "Use GPS satellites". Check the box.

Hope this helps.

Remember, your phone is warrantied as a full return to VM within 30 days of purchase, so if it does not work, return it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones