My HTC Weather Animation is Stuck on Cloudy...Support

Last Updated:

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, I love my Incredible, but this is really starting to annoy me. Every time I unlock my phone, I get the "cloudy" HTC Sense weather animation. Even if I completely remove the HTC clock, the cloudy animation persists. I've tried removing it and re-adding it numerous times (and yes, I always de-select the show weather animations setting) to no effect. I've tried installing some of the different HTC clocks -- no effect. I've tried having no clock -- still cloudy.

My preference is for no animation, since it just gets in the way of using my phone, in my opinion -- but the fact that it is constantly showing cloudy (when it's often a beautiful day) adds to my annoyance. Any ideas? I really don't want to have to reset my phone and re-add all my applications, especially if it's unclear whether it will solve the problem. Please, help a guy out. And no, I'm not using widget locker, which I've heard has caused this issue before. I'm also NOT rooted and I'm running Froyo (this problem existed pre and now post-froyo update). Thanks in advance for any ideas you guys might have.

Smitty

Advertisement
  2. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Menu - Settings - Display - Animation - No Animations.

For some reason, some people have to reboot the phone for this change to take effect.

3. TrojanFan

Thanks for the idea, but I tried that one a long time ago. My phone has been set to "no animations" for a month now (with plenty of reboots during that time) and I still get the cloudy animation on startup and after unlock. I guess my phone just has it's head stuck in the clouds (sorry, bad joke -- couldn't resist). Other ideas?

4. TrojanFan

One of my biggest annoyances with the constant cloudy animation is that the clock won't update to the current time until the animation ends. For example, If I last looked at my phone at 3:30, when I unlock it, it will show 3:30 until the cloudy animation ends and then jump to the correct time (say 5:30). It's pretty odd considering the time on the unlock screen will be correct.

5. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

I had the same problem for me because i had so many weather/clock crap installed i was turning off the wrong. i deleted all of them and it went away. i then added the one i use and turned animations off. that did it.

6. TrojanFan

Hmm... the only clock I use is the main HTC Clock / Weather widget that comes standard on the phone. I've removed and re-added it, removed it and restarted then re-added it with no luck (always deselecting the animations). The only other weather widget I sometimes run is some kind of "Weather Forecast" widget (4x1). I've don't currently have it added. I actually tried clearing out my 7 screens and then restarting and that also didn't fix the problem.

7. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Have you tried clearing the data for the HTC weather agent service and weather provider apps?

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All tab

Select the app and hit the clear data button.

8. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

This was going to be my next suggestion.

Remove any weather widgets you have from your home screen. Then go in and clear the data (like callmeox explained) from any weather app you have on the phone. Then set them back up on the home screen.

Sometimes the settings just get cached in the phone and won't reset until you manually remove the settings.

9. inKRbl

inKRbl Active Member

I've had good luck removing the HTC Clock widget and re-adding it (drag it to the bottom of the screen). During add it asks if you want animations.

Its a shame you can't pick a weather provider. I like the look of the widget but I swear wunderground has better data.

10. dut36

dut36 Active Member

I am having the same issue. Have deleted and re-installed the widget and tried all of the above, all with no success. Even without the widget, I'm still getting clouds.

11. TazMac

TazMac Active Member

edit: n/a, the previous info was wrong.

12. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

have you tried changing you location?

13. jwm1986

jwm1986 Well-Known Member

Do you ever feel like there is a cloud following you? Like it is always raining on you?

:) JK - I thought it was funny though!

14. dut36

dut36 Active Member

Just talked to HTC....they were no help. Recommended a factory reset to fix it. (seems that is the solution to every problem since 2.2)

15. dut36

dut36 Active Member

Well...but the bullet and did the factory reset. Will let everyone know if it works.

Only problem is....living in Upstate NY, there may never be a non-cloudy until next July!

16. TrojanFan

Success! Hooray! The dark cloud has been lifted! I don't know exactly what did it, but I uninstalled the "Weather Forecast Widget" app I had on my phone and I also forced closed all of my weather-related HTC and android apps via the apps menu. I didn't try the "clear data" idea, since I hadn't read your responses yet and I was worried it would wipe parts of the apps from my phone. Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions though -- your encouragement and ideas motivated me to try messing with the apps, which seems to have done the trick.

17. dut36

dut36 Active Member

Good deal! I'm still waiting for some sun.

One by-product I do see....since the factory reset, the battery life has definately improved.