1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

my moto droid won't shut off!! HELP!!

1. selvin_nivles

selvin_nivles New Member

so i was trying to use cyanogen. i guess i forgot to clear caches and im stuck on the startup screen. i cant do anything to it. any help??

Advertisement
  2. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! I'll move this thread to Motorola Droid section so it can get noticed by the Droid community, next time please try finding the right section to post in.
    UBRocked likes this.
  3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Not sure exactly how you installed this and where it went wrong (if it did)...but try pulling your battery and then reinserting it and then power on again. That could work to get you past the start up screen but if not...

Pull your battery again. Immediately when turning your phone on hold the 'x' key and you should boot into Clockwork Recovery. From there, you may want to reflash the ROM.
  4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

When pulling the battery, it may also help to leave it out for longer than one minute (yes, 1 full minute - not 35 seconds....)
  5. Scottmc

Scottmc Well-Known Member

Good point John.

One more thing to be aware of is if you put the battery back in with the USB cord attached it immediately boots up. Something to be aware of if you happen to be connected to your PC at the time. I usually dcon the USB cord or hold down 'x' while putting the battery in. Since I'm not the most dexterous person I tend to go the easy way and dcon the cable.