• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my phone is broken and i need help please

wasn't sure which section to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

i have an LG Ally and last night it ran out of juice so i plugged in the charger but it did not turn on or charge (as far as i could tell) and the charge light did not come on. kept it in for a couple hours or so and it just got really hot. it's almost 4 years old so i'm not surprised it's acting up but is there any trick to getting it to turn on again? i've tried taking out the battery and sd card and stuff like that but nothing seems to work.

wasn't sure which section to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

i have an LG Ally and last night it ran out of juice so i plugged in the charger but it did not turn on or charge (as far as i could tell) and the charge light did not come on. kept it in for a couple hours or so and it just got really hot. it's almost 4 years old so i'm not surprised it's acting up but is there any trick to getting it to turn on again? i've tried taking out the battery and sd card and stuff like that but nothing seems to work.

Hello,

We can certainly determine it may be your battery or battery port. If it will not turn on, you may want to call in to have a factory reset attempted while the phone is off to see if it will do anything at all.

If not, you should try another battery.

If all else fails, the phone would need to be serviced.

Feel free to reach out to our support line at 1-800-793-8896.

Regards,
^CL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones