• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Phone isn't charging correctly

taco285

Lurker
Aug 1, 2014
I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for AT&T and lately I have had a problem where my phone will not charge properly. Sometimes the phone won't recognize the fact that my phone is plugged in. Other times it will flash the charging icon at random intervals and as a result slow down the charging process. I need to know what the issue is...

Things I have done to try to fix the issue:
-Bought a new battery
-Used 2 different usb cables and AC adapters
-Restarted the phone
-Cleaned the micro usb port
-used different outlets

Is there anything else I can do without just straight up buying a new phone?

Also as a side note, I am confident the cables are okay because I was able to charge a GS4 without an issue...

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 for AT&T and lately I have had a problem where my phone will not charge properly. Sometimes the phone won't recognize the fact that my phone is plugged in. Other times it will flash the charging icon at random intervals and as a result slow down the charging process. I need to know what the issue is...

Things I have done to try to fix the issue:
-Bought a new battery
-Used 2 different usb cables and AC adapters
-Restarted the phone
-Cleaned the micro usb port
-used different outlets

Is there anything else I can do without just straight up buying a new phone?

Also as a side note, I am confident the cables are okay because I was able to charge a GS4 without an issue...

You could try resetting the phone to factory defaults
Guide to get to recovery mode, [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

In fact this is how I fixed my ZTE Force(By resetting to factory defaults)

Reactions: taco285
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I was in the exact same boat. I bought a new battery, and it was a big improvement. But then I began having troubles getting it to charge. I tried multiple cords, chargers, wall outlets, etc. Finally, I bought an external battery charger on Amazon for about $4. Problem solved. It's the micro Usb port, so now I just swap batteries. It's almost like having a brand new phone. Next step is to order another battery or two, since they're only $10 on Amazon.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones