my phone says low storage space but...Support

Last Updated:

1. kwash1

kwash1 New Member

Hi. My phone keeps telling me that my storage space is low. I'm afraid I may have deleted some important information from my phone by clearing data from some of the apps. Also, I have uninstalled some of the apps from my phone completely as well as moved others to my sd card. Lastly, I cleared my call log and text messages. Somehow it is saying even more storage is taken up....can anyone please tell me whats going on?

2. saluki

saluki New Member

I have the same problem. I moved all my apps to my 16gb card and have over 14gb left. I've always been able to work around this.

This is weird. I just downloaded 2 apps with no message, no problem. I was trying to recreate the problem so I could tell you what I did in the past.

I think all I did was go into settings, manage applications. I did not do anything in there but then the download would go thru.

Hope this helps!
  3. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Use a cache cleaner from the market. Also if you are rooted the rooted cache cleaner apps will clear out even more.

Also if you can delete your dalvik and tombstones and that will free up more space.
  4. aihliift@

aihliift@ Well-Known Member

i had the same problem...clearing cache and dalvik cache gave me a good 50mbs internal. install that cwm recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache partition
  5. naTas660

naTas660 Well-Known Member

I an a noob but make sure you don't have a call recorder or something like that filling up data on your phone mem.