• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Picture Messaging just stopped working!

TiffyLynn21

Lurker
May 16, 2012
I have had this phone for over 6 months and just recently my picture mesasging stopped working. I even did a factory rest, switched messaging apps from Go SMS to Handcent. I am so irritated, I could scream and I can't understand what the heck the Customer Service people are saying. HELP!

you must have back ground data on and mobile data on to send and receive mms.make sure those are both on. If that doesn't work. Try using the activate app. It's been known to fix this exact problem and other data problems. Also, what messaging app are you using? If stock, try go SMS pro. If you're using a down loaded app, try stock.

Upvote 0
First of all don't be getting too worried. I had the same exact problem and although it took almost 2 weeks to remedy the matter through Virgin Mobile they offered to replace my phone (before I sent mine back) or compensate me for the lack of service.
The issue is this: as explained by VM tech dept. all services of Virgin Mobile EXCEPT picture messaging (MMS) go through Sprint system. However,for whatever reason,all Multimedia Messaging Services (attachments to text messages-including photos) go through the Virgin Mobile servers. Those servers have bugs once in a while that screws up MMS functions. Virgin Mobile remedied my exact same issue and even credited me with a full months service simply because I was without MMS function for about 2 weeks.
What u need to do is call Virgin Mobile tech dept and get what they call a "trouble ticket" opened up AFTER YOU FOLLOW ALL THE PREREQUISITE TESTS THEY ASK YOU TO FOLLOW for preliminary evaluation. If u can be patient with them they will certainly compensate u once the trouble ticket is completed.Trust me,I went through the very same problem to my COMPLETE SATISFACTION. You won't be sorry either.

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0
I have had this phone for over 6 months and just recently my picture mesasging stopped working. I even did a factory rest, switched messaging apps from Go SMS to Handcent. I am so irritated, I could scream and I can't understand what the heck the Customer Service people are saying. HELP!

Unfortunately only VM can reset your services from their end (this is what had to be done on my daughters Intercept when her's stopped). Give them a call again and if you get someone you don't understand, try asking them to forward you to someone with better English.

Another unfortunate thing with VM is that their call center is hired out through companies that aren't even located in the USA.

There is a size limitation on the images you can send, but I cannot recall offhand what it is. I don't think animated images will go through either.

Upvote 0
The other problem is receiving Picture mms's from a friend with an IPhone, especially if they are on the AT&T network. IPhones and Virgin Mobile don't really get along.

This is so irritating, too. One of my friends back home just switched from VM to Sprint because of the free iPhones. She cannot text me at all. When she sends me an SMS it just refuses to go through. Her hubby (same phone, same network) can send them to me though.

Her hubby texted me and said she hates her iPhone and want's her OpV back. :p

Reactions: AndyOpie150
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones