• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Pixel 2 XL Battery Life (Upload screenshots here)

GamerCore

Android Enthusiast
Jun 3, 2010
California
twitter.com
The Google Pixel 2 XL's battery is fairly large, packing a 3,520mAh inside it's slim frame. it's almost dead even with the 3,500mAh battery found in the Galaxy S8+, so you'd expect comparable battery life. I've been using the phone for the past 3 days now, and I've been documenting the battery life I've been receiving so far.

Pixel 2 XL Battery Life 7 Screenshot_20171025-220610.png Pixel 2 XL Battery Life 7 Screenshot_20171025-220620.png Pixel 2 XL Battery Life 7 Screenshot_20171025-220730.png
So far, I've been able to consistently hit 5+ hours of screen on time, something I've only really seen from devices like the Mate 9 and its much larger 4,000mAh battery.

It's worth noting that I have my brightness manually set to about 50%, 150+ apps installed (including Fcebook and Facebook Messenger), Ambient display set to "Always on," as well as the Pixel 2's new Now Playing on the lock screen (always listening). In other words -- I haven't been holding back.

Whatever Google is doing with the Pixel 2 XL -- they seem to have finally nailed down Android's notoriously poor battery life. Whether this is unique to the Pixel 2 XL or all Android devices running Android 8.0 Oreo remains to be seen.

How ever, charging the phone seems to be a particular sore spot, with the phone going from 0% to 100% in 2 hours and 43 min using the stock charger/cable. If you're curious to see a detailed breakdown on how fast the phone charges, check out my previous thread here.

Upload screenshots and share your own battery life experiences in this thread!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones