• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Root process for those that want to learn the process !!

Hi Guys,

Quick question for you.
Currently I have a 4Gb SD card in my phone, I am thinking to upgrade my SD card.

I have seen the new 32Gb SD cards and wanted to know if you guys have had any experience with it on the HTC Hero running Froyo.

So far there are 32Gb Class 4 and Class 10; any issue with any of those cards?
I am planning to use the SD card as storage (music, pictures, data) I am not planning to run applications on it. What about the format process? And what is the procedure to change SD cards? Should I make a full backup of my old SD card and transfer it to my new larger SD card? Is using TB OK?

Tanks,

Upvote 0
You should have no issues using a class 4 and it will probably be cheaper, no need to format it, and yes transfer your current SD info to your desktop in a folder for safe keeping, then you can transfer to your new SD card, and remember you will still have you original SD card so you will also have a backup there.

Hi Guys,

Quick question for you.
Currently I have a 4Gb SD card in my phone, I am thinking to upgrade my SD card.

I have seen the new 32Gb SD cards and wanted to know if you guys have had any experience with it on the HTC Hero running Froyo.

So far there are 32Gb Class 4 and Class 10; any issue with any of those cards?
I am planning to use the SD card as storage (music, pictures, data) I am not planning to run applications on it. What about the format process? And what is the procedure to change SD cards? Should I make a full backup of my old SD card and transfer it to my new larger SD card? Is using TB OK?

Tanks,

Upvote 0
You should have no issues using a class 4 and it will probably be cheaper, no need to format it, and yes transfer your current SD info to your desktop in a folder for safe keeping, then you can transfer to your new SD card, and remember you will still have you original SD card so you will also have a backup there.

No issues with the Class 4 -
BUT if you want to Run data2ext go for the class 10 -
32gb......will the hero handle that - thought 16gb was the max.....
Might want to check that out....:eek:

Upvote 0
Not sure about the capacity I was referring to the class, but yes I would check to make sure it can take 32 GB, I did read someone had a 32Gb working but I cannot fully confirm, I also thought it was 16

No issues with the Class 4 -
BUT if you want to Run data2ext go for the class 10 -
32gb......will the hero handle that - thought 16gb was the max.....
Might want to check that out....:eek:

Upvote 0
Thanks guys.

I will give it a try and then let you know how it was.
For the 32Gb there are only Class 4 and Class 10, being class 4 just slightly cheaper than the class 10. So I think I will give the 32Gb Class 10 a try.

Well, it has been already 2 and 1 weeks with my Froyo installed in my phone, and my wife's phone respectively.

There has been only one thing we have issues with, not sure if any of you have had the same issue. Is with the camera; I don't use it that much but my wife uses the camera every day.

The camera force close just too much, it just freezes and then force close. We have to reboot the phone to use it again for a couple of pictures and then it get frozen again. We are using the stock camera application.

Have any of you had the same issue?

Is camera Zoom FX an alternate camera application? Is it work better?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys.

I will give it a try and then let you know how it was.
For the 32Gb there are only Class 4 and Class 10, being class 4 just slightly cheaper than the class 10. So I think I will give the 32Gb Class 10 a try.

Well, it has been already 2 and 1 weeks with my Froyo installed in my phone, and my wife's phone respectively.

There has been only one thing we have issues with, not sure if any of you have had the same issue. Is with the camera; I don't use it that much but my wife uses the camera every day.

The camera force close just too much, it just freezes and then force close. We have to reboot the phone to use it again for a couple of pictures and then it get frozen again. We are using the stock camera application.

Have any of you had the same issue?

Is camera Zoom FX an alternate camera application? Is it work better?

The camera should not FC with this rom

Maybe try a couple of things
1. Clear camera cache in manage applications, reboot phone
or
2. Boot to recovery and wipe Dalvik cache and cache
or
3. Boot to recovery, wipe Dalvik cache and cache and reflash the rom
or
4. Start over with a clean wipe, data, cache and Dalvik cache. Flash the rom, then flash the gapps

Reactions: cuyuni
Upvote 0
Thanks Andy,

1. I already did it, we had the same problem after turning on the camera a couple of time.

2. I will try this one tonight.

3. I am trying to avoid it since I don't want to spend another hour trying to install everything again. Maybe I would backup all my appp's with TB.

4. Same as 3.

Question,
When I go to manage applications and then the camera application; there is clear cache and clear data. What does the clear data do? It deletes my pictures or just the setting of the camera?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Settings in your camera, but you can still transfer your pictures to your PC for safe keeping. ;)

Question,
When I go to manage applications and then the camera application; there is clear cache and clear data. What does the clear data do? It deletes my pictures or just the setting of the camera?

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Thanks Andy,

1. I already did it, we had the same problem after turning on the camera a couple of time.

2. I will try this one tonight.

3. I am trying to avoid it since I don't want to spend another hour trying to install everything again. Maybe I would backup all my appp's with TB.

4. Same as 3.

Question,

Thanks,

Number 3 will not erase any of your settings, ringtones, screen setup.... As long as you wipe Dalvik cache and cache.

Number 4 will wipe everything;)

When you wipe data/factory reset, that's when you will have to set up your phone again;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones