• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My S3 Has Gone Crazy! (Screenshot Included!)

defected

Aug 14, 2011
I had been trying everything I could think of to get Kies to install, and now the phone has gone crazy.

I had USB debugging turned on, took the battery out the phone for 30 seconds, turned the phone back on and after it came back it looked like this:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2jca8vl.png

The part you can see at the top tells the phone exactly where my finger is, the big blue line is the last motion of my finger on the screen and the circle is where my finger ended up.

I've clearly gone into some advanced part of the phone and want to get out of it! :(

untick that "show pointer location"

ETA: Confirmed - thats what it is.

Whoops!

Thanks a lot, I was terrified I'd screwed the whole thing up!

You're a whole lot better than Samsung support that tried to get me to ring a premium-charge telephone number because they couldn't help me online due to it being an 'advanced' problem!

The only thing 'advanced' about it was the fact it was in 'advanced settings' on the menu!

Thanks buddy! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones