My screen went black for no reason & won't turn back on? HELP!Support

Last Updated:

1. kaycott88

kaycott88 New Member

I have an HTC Evo Shift. I turned down my brightness & then got a text. I answered the text then locked my screen. I tried to unlock it and it just would not turn back on. The start-up screen came on but as soon as the "4g" thing came on about to go to the lock screen, the screen dimmed out & turned black. The four bottom row keys are still lit up but the screen in unresponsive. I can still here my phone vibrate when I get a text I just can't see the screen. I've tried everything & i don't know how to fix it. PLEASE HELP?!

2. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Have you tried a battery pull? That may reset whatever is messed...
  3. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hey there! ;)

I am glad it turned out all fine in the end :D

(Our Private Messgae Conversation :))
  4. Justin6White

Justin6White New Member

I'm having the same issue with my HTC Evo Shift. How did the two of you end up fixing the issue? Please help, it's driving me insane! :eek:
  5. onehottotty

onehottotty New Member

I am having the same issue as well. A public solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)
  6. danielbts11

danielbts11 Active Member

I have removed the battery and put it back in but nothing
  7. evoshifthey

evoshifthey New Member

turn it off then slide it open and blow into the phone then turn it or or keep doing it until the screen turns back on. don't know why this works for me. but then you can't slide it anymore or else the screen will break again. hope this works for you too!
  8. nutterbitter

nutterbitter New Member

I just kind of threw it around a few times
  9. steadyhndz

steadyhndz Active Member

I'm having the exact same problem...I went to turn down the brightness, and then all of a sudden in the process, my screen went totally black....the 4 main keys are lighting up still, but my screen is black.

I've checked about 100 other links, and none of them are as identical to this thread, but unfortunately this person got their help all through a PM...Stinky please make this a public solution....I PMed you as well.
  10. CNexus

CNexus Active Member

Happened to me too and I solved it by hitting it against my knee a bit lol
  11. shaka_verso

shaka_verso New Member

Wouldn't reinstalling the is solve it overall???