• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My SGH-i337M supposedly now AWS-enabled???

Seks

Dec 31, 2013
I bought a Rogers-locked SGH-i337M 4.3 S4 few days ago and brought it to some unlocker. I wanted the phone to be unlocked and being able to be used on all networks including Wind (AWS band)

I didn't have a Wind or Mobilicity or Tmobile working SIM to test it when I went and pick up the phone.

All he showed me was that he had a (non-working??) Mobilicity SIM in there and he did a scan network option. We saw Telus, Rogers, Bell, Mobilicity, Wind on the list of networks.

Question is: Was that test sufficient enough to prove that the phone is now AWS-enabled? I won't be able to test Wind until I go in and sign up and get a SIM card.

I know my Telus SIM works in the phone (to make sure it's unlocked) as I tested it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones