• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My son's tablet has stopped working

lapiz9

Lurker
Dec 25, 2012
London
Hi Everyone, Today my son unwrapped his cheap android tablet and was playing away happily until the tablet needed recharging, so we hooked it up to the dc charger and waited, my daughter has one and I noticed no battery symbol was showing just a black screen, I have searched on here and various sites for answers and done the 60 sec hold ppower button, tried a reset, had it on charge for hours now and still nothing, no light, and i tried holding down

the volume whilst holding the power button, it was packed away for a while before he got it and i am wondering if the battery was too low already to hold any charge now?

WonderPad - Android 4.0 Tablet with 7 Inch Capacitive Screen (4GB,WiFi, 1GHz, 3G, Camera)

It's from China and now I am regretting buying it, is there anything I can do that I haven't tried alread, also i have just hooked up to my laptop via the usb and nothing has appeared on my pc in devices!!?

Any help would be appreciated

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Since the tablet was working, it really appears to be a power issue. There are several things to look at. First, make sure the charger is working. Most of these tablets can charge from a USB port as well, but not all of them. If your daughter's tablet is the same model, try the charger with hers to see if it works.

If it's good, it might be the connector on the tablet. Try wiggling it or pushing gently on it while it's plugged in. If there's a bad connection, you might be able to make a little contact. Because the tablet worked for a bit, even though it was sitting unused for a while, LiIon batteries only go completely dead when the charge runs out to zero and sits for a while.

If it is indeed a bad battery, I am going to assume the unit is sealed and you can't replace it, which means it will most likely have to be sent back. I hope you get it working.

Upvote 0
The charger for my daughters is working ok, same voltage etc, same pin or jack but slightly different tablet, tried it in my sons just nothing, and wiggled it gently, nothing! I am trying to get a driver installed on my latop now for a Usb charger and see if that works, not really that familiar with android and pc communicating so will see and get back to you if to no avail, TY

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones