• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My theory on the faceplate...

Im not sure if they will allow different back colors, being the phone is supposed to coincide with the Incredibles movie[citation needed] whose main color is red. But i could i be so completely red. Im excited about the phone but i wish the phone was more sleek like the bravo and the N1, with the soft touch. I was so excited about that. This doesnt look as high-end as those phones. But i guess the features and a cool case will work to win me completely over.
:D

Upvote 0
I noticed that the little android guy is on the back cover...therefore...this is probably an early prototype of the back....BUT the nexus one prototypes had the guy on the back as well with the 'flag' and that back is the same as the one on the retail N1s now...

Part of me wants to think that the back we've seen is not the retail back...but I think it is going to stay and we will either be seeing tons of angry consumers ready to spray paint the back a different color or interchangeable backplates.
The other part of me thinks that the back will change because, like many of you have said, it is missing VZW and/or Google logo(s).
The third part of me, hopes that the weird shape houses a larger battery and allows for a flush camera mount.

Included: cropped pictures of the android guy on the backplate and the thinness of the device (which looks pretty damn thin)

incrediblesidelogo.jpg

Reactions: greggds
Upvote 0
To tell the truth I don't mind the back to much. I agree with some of the other posts that the might come out with replacement covers, either way it is more than likely my next phone. The molded back might actually help in terms of grip. Just give us a release date. I feel like we have been tracking this phone or its counterparts forever.

Upvote 0
I just had a thought with the new FCC filing for a HTC phone with a 1300mh battery is the incredible? Just think they have that battery and a normal cover less bold, and then have a larger battery cover the red one we have been seeing with a larger battery for if you want to be doing HD video capturing? Again just a thought
Now there's an idea... If that happens, I'll stick with the lo-pro cover and get whatever high-capacity battery Seidio comes out with. Best of both worlds. I like the way you think. ;)

Upvote 0
I just had a thought with the new FCC filing for a HTC phone with a 1300mh battery is the incredible? Just think they have that battery and a normal cover less bold, and then have a larger battery cover the red one we have been seeing with a larger battery for if you want to be doing HD video capturing? Again just a thought

I may be completely off here, and probably am, but I'm guessing that if they're going to use 2 different batteries, both would have to be listed.

This is just going off a different phone that was listed twice because apparently it had 2 different manufacturers for the screen, and both had to be tested. Again, its just a guess.

Upvote 0
I may be completely off here, and probably am, but I'm guessing that if they're going to use 2 different batteries, both would have to be listed.

This is just going off a different phone that was listed twice because apparently it had 2 different manufacturers for the screen, and both had to be tested. Again, its just a guess.

ya i was kind of thinking the same thing after i posted it im not sure

Upvote 0
I think it has that terraced back plate so it wont look as thick as a brick, you know, droid like.
This way even if it is fat from a big battery, at first glance it may appear thinner than it really is, so a consumer doesn't look at it and think this thing is as big as a 2x4 and walk right by.
And maybe they just want to put out something a little different, something to stand out from the field of a thousand phones that all look the same.

Upvote 0
Lol it was supposed to say i could be completley wrong...
but idk isnt Verizon doing the movie thang? lol
Or red metallic backplate to coincide with the 'Incredible' Iron Man's movie release in May? Phones have been tied in more loosely in less 'blockbuster'-y movies.

FWIW, I also think the plate is a release-ready product. Polarizing the masses with an uncompromising style is fodder for the accessory market.

Upvote 0
I have a hard time believing this will be the backplate. I like the idea earlier that the white back seen around the lens is like the Supersonic's. Maybe the Incredible will have the same back with a kickstand... The orange/red cover

A. doesn't match Verizon's red.
B. sticks out (color wise way to much)
C. doesn't match the red of the front speaker (in the newest videos on this forum)

What if, that orange backplate is a prototype of an interchangable cover? Maybe HTC is making accessories as well and that is a snap on cover to protect the back. It also does not have any Verizon branding on the phone, which you know the final version will.

As for the curves, maybe that is an interchangable cover and has those weird curves to fit over my theory of the kickstand on the back.

If you look at the N1 the camera sticks out from the back,the phone doesn't lay flat. Even the new desire sticks out some too. Just my thoughts..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones