• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories My thoughts on Innocase Active...

silverviper

Lurker
Jul 10, 2010
I read a lot of positive reviews on the innocase active and decided to shell out the $20-$25 for the case. At the same time I ordered one of the super cheap bundles on ebay which came with a case and a cell phone charger for $8 or so dollars.

The innocase active case feels a little bulky at first. I'm also not sure how i feel about the plastic shell of the case. The deal breaker for this case though is that the buttons are not very responsive. This isn't a big deal for the volume buttons as much as it is for the top power button. As you know, you have to tap the top power button to bring up the unlock screen, so you use this button A LOT. I feel like I have to press down extremely hard with the innocase active on the phone. It makes it a chore to turn the phone back on. I will say though that they case slides in and out of pockets easily and that it effectively protects the protruding camera on the back side.

The simple ebay case is super slim. The buttons work perfectly. It actually feels easier to press the buttons in with this case on, as crazy as that sounds. The phone does not slide in and out of the pocket as well and since it is much thinner, it doesn't allow as much protection for the camera lens. While it may not look cool, the simple ebay cover functions much better than the expensive and overpriced innocase active.

At the moment i'm sticking with the ebay case and selling my innocase. Maybe i'll try an otterbox when that comes out but at the moment I would save your money and go for the $5 silicone cases on ebay.

I too had a little trouble pressing the power button and volume rockers. I taped very thin strips of paper on top of the buttons under the case and worked like magic. You may have to play around to make it not bulky around buttons but now mine work perfectly.

If you are iffy about plastic on this case, you'll feel the same with otterbox. I had otterbox on my other smart phones and I feel this active one is up to par

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones